DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2500 4x4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice in the past year I have had mice make it into my truck and make nests on top of my cabin air filter housing.
A 2018 2500
In my sons 2016 work truck 1500 ( no cabin filter) there is a screen over the fresh air door. This can be seen when the glove box is removed.
In mine, the recirculating door is open. Is that the way it should be? Seems like this could be where they are getting in. I see they have chewed the seal on the door already.
How/where are they getting in? Who knows this area well?
I’ve seen on some older generations and other brands that a screen can be attached at typical entry places.

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
They don't need a very big opening to squeeze in. The frustrating part is figuring out where they get in and blocking the hole. Once you find how they're getting in steel wool is great for plugging small holes.

·
Registered
2018 2500 4x4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep.
Maybe i posted this in the wrong section. I thought there would be more visits by knowlesgeable Technicians.
The cab area is essentially a box. The only access points would be through the AC/Heater box.
Where on that whole box is there an area that would allow a critter to not just get into the box, but then get from the outside to the inside?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.