DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Here’s my ovequestion I Live up in Alaska in a rural community where right now days are like 7-3. So extra light in nice and with a small population over a relatively large area blinding oncoming drivers isn’t a worry What I’m trying to do Is to get I’ll forward facing lights on at the same time I will elaborate on My method for accomplishing this just bear with me what I’m looking for confirmation on or at least another brain 🧠 or 2 on is exactly what the title says on my 2017 ram if I toggle To my highbeams you watch my high beams come on and fog lights turn off split second later I believe the low beam stay on.. but if you pull The momentary High beam lever (whatever it’s called) You get fog lights low beams and high beams So what I’m looking for confirmation on is a few assumptions before I start digging in wires.... is 1. that the momentary high beam switch is (A.)A relayed circut with (B.) the wire off the momentary that is activated is to the 85 or 86 post(coil) of the relay and (C.) that it is a single +12v trigger wire....if anyone knows the color wire I’m looking for and wants to save me the testing I’d appreciate it but I’ll do a write up either way when I’m done with the wire color in it assuming it works. And just to clarify my truck is a 2017 1500 sport 5.7 HEMI 4wd ?6.1/2’ bed i Believe?? Not that that part matters The method to the madness here is it all those assumptions are true then I would run a five pin Crossover relay where 87 and 87 a could never been connected at the same time And 87a is normally closed And connect the trigger wire coming from the momentary stocks switch going to high beams that were going to snip to 87 take the headlight side of said sniped wire connect it to 30 then take another power source in my case from a pre installed 8 gang Aux Breaker protected Panel and connect it to 86(or 85... 85+86 should be interchangeable) and take the 85 pin to Ground
87a- from stock momentary Switch +12v trigger
87- to +12vBat pos
30 to high beam (other side of sniped trigger wire)
86- to +12v coming off aftermarket switched power
85- Ground
If I’m thinking correctly that should get me my high beams on auxiliary switch without disengaging my fog lights but also protecting from a 24 V over current situation because the relation relation to allowed toIf I’m thinking correctly that should get me my high beams on auxiliary switch without disengaging my fog lights but also protecting from a 24 V over current situation because the relay shouldn’t allow 2 contacts at once Eliminating the need for Diode all while maintaining full oem factory functionality to the Hi/Lo beam switch your née installed switch essentially is an override or a “ headlight lever holder” and again if I’m right You shouldn’t throw any cluster lights or warnings......Thoughts, comments, concerns shoot em my way quick I’m working on my truck for e next few days have 3 50” bars to get on there new led fogs and aux fog lights plus I have aux flush mount reverse lighting to hook up and a second battery to run to the bed as a aux/camping battery and right when I get all this done my 6” skyjacker suspension lift should be coming in...... busy few days-week

1 - 2 of 2 Posts