DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to install a 3" leveling kit and going to upgrade to a 315 on the stock rims. Cant decide between all terrain (dune, terra grappler, dynapro ATM) or the mud (trail grap, toyo MT, cooper)

I have heard of tread separation in the cooper ST, which sucks because I think it is a good cross between the two. Is there any other tire that would fall into the crossover category. Need long lasting yet semi- agressive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well i can tell you ive had a lot of different tires. the 3" leveling kit interests me tho ive only had my hands on 2.5 for my past two vehicles. either way i have had the nitto terra grappler and the trail grapplers. i like the everyday ride of the terra grapplers they were not to bad in the mud, not great. now the trail grapplers were awesome in the mud and snow when out hunting. love the wear and low road noise, but you can feel the friction in turning its a heavy tire and will have some affect on mpg. i ran a set of mickey t's mtz that i loved little lighter tire. im running a set of bfg at/ko's right now and i love them, smooth and im not sure why people rated them bad in the mud, these tires love it on low preasure. overall, bfg's are my pick.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard good things about the BFG's. But I have seen them wear rather fast on a 2500. As for the and 3 inch level I have researched it and with a full front replacement the extra half inch will keep it level. It is the MAX amount of lift without getting new control arms and shocks. Just ready to get the tires so I can put it all together. I just dont understand why there has to be sooooo many choices for the darn things. I cant decide between true mud tires or something like the Mastercraft courser.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I am more than happy with my Cepek fc-II's... not sure about longevity as I only have 11000 km's on them (6500 miles) but they dont have much wear, they look aggressive, dont have too much road noise, good on wet roads, good in the snow (even if it doesnt apply to you). Like I said I am very happy with them. Hopefully I can get some decent km's out of them

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The hankook is very popular on all the farm trucks around here. Just dont want to pay 1000+ dollars for a tire that cant handle the highway. Farm trucks dont put on the miles so the reviews i hear are about gravel and dirt.... lol The FC-II is good but I dont know how they will handle in the mud. I use my truck to haul a 7000lbs tractor to deer camp and somehow it always manages to rain while I am down there. I am really excited to hear all the reviews from everybody. Thank yall so much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts