DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I've never heard of this being done but I want to try it out I have a 1997 dodge ram 1500 5.9 2wd and a 1998 all wheel drive jeep grand Cherokee with the 318 now in 98 jeep made the same setup but with the 360 motor so I could be wrong but I believe that both use the same transfer cases so could I just take the one out of my 318 jeep and put in my 360 ram I know for me to pull this off I will need a front end out of a 4x4 ram and need to pull the transfer case and shifter out of the jeep along with that either a front drive shaft out of jeep or 4x4 ram the reason behind all this is cause my jeep with just a 318 is a beast coming off the line so I know it would be crazier in my 360 ram which also I believe weighs less than that lifted suv lol what would be cooler is to be able to pull a motor and drivetrain out of a 6.1 hemi awd srt8 jeep grand Cherokee but more work than just going with what I already have to use thanks in advance for your replys

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it's alot of work but it is possible me and a friend just thought it up lol and wondering if it would fit im not going to do it lol just throwing idea for anyone thinking about building a all wheel drive ram but like yall said alot work so I'll pass just an idea but thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.