DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie with the Hemi 5.7. Battery was dead, got it to turn just enough to get it started after being parked all night. Drove it around a couple blocks with the engine light on, it wasn't on before. I took to Pep Boys to check it and they said first I needed a new battery (battery is 2 years old) then they said it was the alternator. Almost $800 with parts and labor. Isn't that a bit steep in price?

·
Registered
2021 RAM 2500 Tradesman Crew
25 Posts
A remanufactured alternator seems to run $300-$350 so a new one could be pushing over $500. Looking at my 2500/6.4, it should be about an hour of labor with a couple wrenches. So $800 (while gut wrenching) seems realistic.

(WOW - pricing on a lot of stuff has gone insane!)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A remanufactured alternator seems to run $300-$350 so a new one could be pushing over $500. Looking at my 2500/6.4, it should be about an hour of labor with a couple wrenches. So $800 (while gut wrenching) seems realistic.

(WOW - pricing on a lot of stuff has gone insane!)
Yes prices on everything is going crazy. The $15 a hour minimum is going to create lots of problems, especially for those on fixed incomes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts