DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about moving my radiator reservoir to the fender where the intake used to be mounted, or to the body pillar next to the radiator. Does anyone have any advice on a small aluminum reservoir?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
It'll work just fine. I've done the same thing to both my trucks when i did the E-Fan upgrade, I'm using the reservoirs from Jegs simply because it's easier to remove them with their just-a-ble mounting system but if you don't remove them all the time like me then it won't make any difference.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew you would chime in at least. Thanks!

Do you know what size the stock overflow is so I can find a reservoir with the same size input?

Do you run a reservoir with a separate cap so you can check the level or an easy drain valve?

Have you moved the windshield washer rez too?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
The OLD Moe's had them, they don't make they don't make the relocation kit anymore, that's what I used but they are only for the 3rd gens, won't fit the 4th gen radiator supports.

I removed both the oem radiator overflow and washer fluid reservoirs. The new washer fluid reservoir is now a 1L coolant overflow bottle on a bracket on the passenger side frame rail, seen on the far side of the blower.

And my coolant overflow is the chipped and beat up POS shown here, soon to be changed out to something different so I can stop blowing coolant out of the filler neck because of the air being pulled into the system when it cools down.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CDN, do you use any ducting or reinforcement of the factory ducting to keep the airflow directed to the radiator now that you don't have the reservoirs blocking the flow around the radiator?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
I built some plates from sheet steel to go on either side of the intercooler, they hook into the oem reservoir holes and have a bolt on the intercooler bracket. I plan to put some mesh in them and take air from them for some brake ducts if I don't use the lower air dam hole.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts