DODGE RAM FORUM banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
After all the above novels and statements, here's mine.
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn and a 2016 Kia Sorento.
Which I prefer? Depends on what I have to do and what it takes.
Simple as that. Keep the Ram and get the Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I went from a Ram R/T to a Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD. I kick myself every day. I bought the GC because I really like the 3.6 and 8 speed, I also had a Challenger SXT at the time. And I too wanted something a little smaller. But, I now find myself needing that pickup bed a lot and I really miss the comfort of the Ram. The seats in the GC were extremely hard and uncomfortable to me. They have now softened a bit after 2 1/2 years. However their trims have different foam types so if you look up the build sheets you can see which foam you will get. The GC has a nice layout and the typical designed interior that I like from American vehicles. But it also has that obnoxious Stop/Start system and the two batteries under the front passenger seat. I did buy the disabling device but it plugs in to different places depending on the trim level. Bottom line for me, the GC is a nice vehicle but I lost a lot of comfort and cargo capability. If I had it to do over, I would have kept the Ram. Right now I'm waiting for the new Nissan Frontier to come out this summer and check it out since I don't like any of the other mid sized truck offerings and Chrysler/Daimler/FCA/Stellantins, whomever owns Ram this week, has apparently dropped their promise from three years ago of a mid size Dakota rebirth or a standard cab 1500.
I hear ya. When I test drove the CG I liked how the brakes responded and how it accelerated (even for a V6). But I was shocked on how it got worse gas mileage over my Ram Hemi 4x4.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I did just that...kept the Ram and bought the Jeep Grand Cherokee. It must be a Las Vegas thing.
Haha right! I was thinking about that too...maybe going to desert 215 and seeing what they have for pre-owned so I can keep the truck too. But naw...RAM is just more practical.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I looked at the Jeep Gladiator, because I needed a pick up truck and really liked it looks… I’ll tell you what, I would’ve bought it if it wasn’t made for short people. So I looked at the salesman and he even said yeah you don’t have headroom and I walked out shaking my head thinking, dumb ass engineers. I’m 6’6”, tall, But I would think if you were 6’4” and hit a bump you’d hit your head on the Roll bar above your head. Otherwise I really liked it.
So I ended up getting a 2021 ram rebel. Except for the BS lane keep and their BS mileage estimates visiting and the defective Rambox they know about, I like it.
My girls dad just traded in his RAM for a Gladiator. He's just over 6 foot and loves it. He must have the power seat which lowers him enough. I wouldn't mind a Gladiator but the prices are outrageous when they only want to give me $32k for my truck that's worth $38k as an average trade in value.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
After all the above novels and statements, here's mine.
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn and a 2016 Kia Sorento.
Which I prefer? Depends on what I have to do and what it takes.
Simple as that. Keep the Ram and get the Grand Cherokee.
I actually was just thinking about doing something like that. Maybe buying a Honda or Toyota or something for cash to commute with to save my truck some wear and tear. Great minds my friend lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
After my experiences with buying two new Jeeps last year there is NO WAY I will ever buy a new Fiat built Jeep again. Now I know why FIAT stands for fix it again Tony. My 1st one was a lemon and I trusted them that this could happen to anyone so I bought a second one . That was suppose to be a North Edition well it was not built to specs the dealer Bob Poynter of Columbus IN promised to help get it straightened out but to this day NEVER has nor will Jeep resolve it. PLUS Jeep did this same thing to thousands of other Jeeps yet I know of no one else saying anything so they probably didn't even realize it. If I had not paid cash for it I would have never paid for it and let them taken it back. The lemon one is currently for sale at a MI car lot for 24k and they do NOT tell you it is a branded title.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I like the utility of a truck and that the cargo area is separated from passenger compartment. so I don't have to worry about smell or dirty cargos. that been said, from where I live, parking is never a problem but I've take my truck to NYC and I can see why a smaller vehicle is desired there. lol
I've visited Vegas multiple times and never thought there is a parking issue though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Recently bought the wife a 2021 Grand Cherokee Limited V6 4x4. That way I keep my '12 Ram Hemi CC 4x4, but get to enjoy driving the G.Cherokee when we go anywhere together. Love it!!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Recently bought the wife a 2021 Grand Cherokee Limited V6 4x4. That way I keep my '12 Ram Hemi CC 4x4, but get to enjoy driving the G.Cherokee when we go anywhere together. Love it!!!
Haha I was just thinking the other day that I should try to convince my girl to trade in her 2020 RAV4 for a GC...then I realized her RAV4 has more cargo space than a GC 🤪

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
After my experiences with buying two new Jeeps last year there is NO WAY I will ever buy a new Fiat built Jeep again. Now I know why FIAT stands for fix it again Tony. My 1st one was a lemon and I trusted them that this could happen to anyone so I bought a second one . That was suppose to be a North Edition well it was not built to specs the dealer Bob Poynter of Columbus IN promised to help get it straightened out but to this day NEVER has nor will Jeep resolve it. PLUS Jeep did this same thing to thousands of other Jeeps yet I know of no one else saying anything so they probably didn't even realize it. If I had not paid cash for it I would have never paid for it and let them taken it back. The lemon one is currently for sale at a MI car lot for 24k and they do NOT tell you it is a branded title.
I did honestly notice a slight difference in build quality comparing the Jeep to my RAM. Although the Jeep handled like a sports car, my RAM feels a little more solid...which it should since it's a half ton pickup lol. I'm thinking I may end up keeping the RAM for now and eventually trading it in for a Honda Passport or something similar later on down the road.

·
Registered
49 Posts
One more thought on the subject . I have 3 older Jeeps as well as the new Jeep. Also I have and have owned a number of RAMs and Rams. I have to say I really like or liked every one of my trucks. I have had 2 03s,an 07,08,12,and 19. Currently have a 19, 11, and 03. Jeep is a different animal than the trucks. All of my Jeeps are pre Fiat (pre 2014) except of course the 2020. I have only had one real problem so far out of just one of the trucks. That of course is the broken valve spring in one of the 03s and I may be looking at a lifter replace in the 11 down the road. But out 9 trucks that is not to bad. PLUS they ride so good for a truck and are quiet and powerful. Even the 4.7s aren't terrible but anymore it is Hemi or nothing for me. The new Jeep is for the wife she didn't want a RAM so she got a smaller vehicle BUT loves riding in mine. LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have both, the Ram 1500 and a 14 Durango which is pretty much the same as the JGC. If I don’t need to haul, I prefer the Durango. The ride and handling are very refined compared to the Ram and parking is much easier.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I have both, the Ram 1500 and a 14 Durango which is pretty much the same as the JGC. If I don’t need to haul, I prefer the Durango. The ride and handling are very refined compared to the Ram and parking is much easier.
I was looking at the AWD Durango's too but I wasn't liking the price point on them at all. Its too bad because they seem to have the perfect amount of cargo space over a GC

·
Registered
2021 Rebel
13 Posts
After my experiences with buying two new Jeeps last year there is NO WAY I will ever buy a new Fiat built Jeep again. .
I have such mixed feelings… the first really fun car I ever had was a Fiat 128 Sport L, in college. Driving back and forth from Denver to Grand Junction where I was going to school, but it also broke down all the time. “Fix it again Tony” Fiat.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well after hitting another off road trail that scratched up the sides of my Ram a little, and having the dogs/kid cramped in the back of the quad cab. I started looking to trade it in for a crew cab. Didn't find any 2019s or 2020's that weren't over $40k. Found a couple F150s that were nice but couldn't hold a candle to the Rams interior lol. I ended up with a 2018 Grand Cherokee limited Sterling edition with Quadra Trac II. (Purchased the extended warranties too). I tried to keep the truck and buy the jeep but HOA is a #@#$$# and won't let me keep a vehicle on the side of the street. So RAM is gone...GC is the new toy/DD.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
WOW the land of free and the home of the brave EXCEPT in a communist lead HOA community.
Exactly. Àndthat was just one example of how HOA runs other peoples household lol

21 - 39 of 39 Posts