DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely NOT wanting to start a tread of one brand against an other. I have no brand loyalty since this is my first real truck...

I am very serious about purchasing a 1500 diesel as a daily driver. While shopping online I also specked a 2015 F150 with compatible bells and whistlers other than the engine of course (3.5L ecoboost) I find that the Ford is much more expensive than the RAM despite the fact that the diesel in the Ram has a significant price tag...

What am I missing here?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Don't know but the 2015 F150 is not yet available. I hear the first of next year. Could that have something to do with it? They may be thinking if the new F150 is a hit they already dialed in their pricing, if not, they can lower pricing.

I've been shopping for a 1 ton SRW diesel, both GM and Ford came in around 8K higher than the RAM 3500, Laramie vs. LTZ vs. Denali. Not talking about MSRP but purchase pricing.

·
Registered
491 Posts
When I was pricing out trucks back in Nov 2011, the F150's were priced much higher than the Ram 1500 with pretty much the same options. And when I tried to negotiate on the price the ford dealers were like, "that's the price, take it or leave it". Not brand bashing, just stating my personal experience when buying my truck.

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
Ram is typically priced better for similar trucks. When the 2014 Chevys started hitting dealer lots shortly after I bought Thunderhorse I test drove one at the Texas State Fair (comparable trim). The only differences were that the Chevy was a 2wd and had leather, and my truck is a 4wd with cloth. The sticker price on the Chevy was $2k more than the price on my sticker-and typically 4wd is a more expensive option than leather.

·
Read Only
377 Posts
When I was pricing out trucks back in Nov 2011, the F150's were priced much higher than the Ram 1500 with pretty much the same options. And when I tried to negotiate on the price the ford dealers were like, "that's the price, take it or leave it". Not brand bashing, just stating my personal experience when buying my truck.

You should've tried to deal with them when Explorers where the rage (during the Jurassic Park years)...More than one dealerships were arrogant pricks. :shakehead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts