DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like I may be the only person on here that likes the chrome clad wheels. I wish I had them on my truck, I am looking for a set locally for a good price so I can get rid of my painted alloys. I think they look perfect on the 4th gen trucks, especially when matching the chrome bumpers. Seems like such a shame to me that people are plasti dipping them or removing the cladding to paint them. Let's see some pics of the chrome clads especially with chrome bumpers!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I like them, but I am looking for something with a nice lip. Ill sell you mine if your like.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm with you, i don't know if the clad part is good or not but i love the looks of the rims, i don't plan on buying an aftermarket rim.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I like them, I've had real chrome rims and they may be good in California but in Canada they started pitting after a couple of winters, even trying to keep them clean all the time.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I bought after market rims
but i could not bring myself to get rid of the chrome clads

i don't have the chrome bumper

[/URL]
[/URL]

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Looks like MOPAR sells them for $379 + tax
i have seen them on Ebay from $400 down to $239 & shipping

Shipping could be a lot & maybe a deal breaker, going to New Hampshire

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes GTyankee that's the problem, the shipping becomes prohibitive unless they are a really good deal.

I also agree with Johnnymopar, in the NE with snow & salt cladding is the way to go, much easier to clean.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I love my chrome clads. They look like real chrome and are twice as easy to care for. Mine are six years old and look like new. And yeah, especially on a truck with the chrome bumpers, grille, and step bars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, who cares what other like ???:doh: its your ride and if you like em then that's whats important.....I have them and no complaints ! it is what it is, figured I bought the truck with them ,they work, are round and tires fit on them....its your choice !.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Understood, I meant that it seems like a waste to plastidip them when they are so nice looking, makes more sense to replace them (IMO) instead of covering them in black goo.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
The good thing though is that the plastic goo comes off. It's actually quite amazing....if you get it started it just peels off with ease.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I quite like them. The "silver" wheels in my opinion don't really match the truck.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I really like the look of the Chrome Clad's on my 09. The first set were changed under Warranty due to Chrome peeling off within the first 12 months. Second set started peeling off within the next 12 months. Went back to local dealer who said Chrysler wont change something a second time under Warranty. He also told me it was due to weather. Spoke to Chrysler Canada who said its up to the individual Dealer. Took Truck to 2 Chrome plating shops who both said its very thin & poor quality work.Chrysler Canada acknowledged this fact as well.
Anyway I'm done with arguing the fact with the Dealer & just going for new Rim's & Tires in the Spring. Dealership by the way is Tower Chrysler in Calgary.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That sucks that you had such a problem, I have heard the cladding is easier to maintain than chrome. I know the chrome is prone to pitting.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Seems like I may be the only person on here that likes the chrome clad wheels. I wish I had them on my truck, I am looking for a set locally for a good price so I can get rid of my painted alloys. I think they look perfect on the 4th gen trucks, especially when matching the chrome bumpers. Seems like such a shame to me that people are plasti dipping them or removing the cladding to paint them. Let's see some pics of the chrome clads especially with chrome bumpers!
nope i like mine alot,

also i think they stay nice , they dont weare much

1 - 20 of 36 Posts