DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my self a 2012 Ram 1500 Sport, in bright white! I absolutely love my truck! But just like the rest of you on this site we like to personalize it, so we stand out ! Here is my dilemma!
I wanna keep it as white as possible . I would really like to install a bull bar but dont wanna go black or chrome! Should I get it powder coated white to match the paint! What do i need to buy to accomplish this? Do i buy a black one and will that work for them to powder coat it ? Do i get it painted ? I also wanna do the vent visors white as well! If I go with the bug deflector is going white with that too much ? I also have the sport hood (of course) will a white or black bug deflector take away from the hood look? Pics or suggestions will be very appreciated ! Thank you in advance !!!:smileup: My pics are soon to come!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I am not an expert in painting so I don't have an answer for your questions. There is nothing nicer than an all white truck, but Black goes great with white. Good luck with your truck, someone else will chime in and help you out. Can't wait to see pics!!!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
If your gonna do a bug deflector you can do it black to match the black vents in your hood, as far as the window visor things I have seen them in white and black and they both look good!!

You can always paint a bull bar white, just depending on how much you use it your going to stratch it up and have to keep retouching it.... If you take your stock sport bumper off I call dibs on buying it!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for your suggestion ! I really like that idea !I also agree that with the tint keeping it there looks good as well ! I am definately going to keep it mind !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll point you to this I did on mine... (Just to help out your all white dilemma!)

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=104738

Remove the black tape on your b-pillars

Although I think the whites look good with the tape left on.

Thank you so much for your suggestion !! I really like this idea! I agree it does look good keeping it with the tint as well. I am definately keeping this one in mind !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the Forum. I am not an expert in painting so I don't have an answer for your questions. There is nothing nicer than an all white truck, but Black goes great with white. Good luck with your truck, someone else will chime in and help you out. Can't wait to see pics!!!
Thanks! Glad to be here and part of the elite :smileup: !! LOL

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can white out anything and keep with your all white theme. i would get a bug deflector that lays close to the hood.

I was thinking the same, about the lower profile fit !:smiley_thumbs_up: Do you or any one else know a brand that can accomplish this? Thanks for your reply!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
When they powder coat, they sand blast the part before hand
There are different shades of black & different textures too

several parts on my truck are powder coated black, my truck is almost the color of a pumpkin, they call it Sunburst orange, i call it Burnt Orange

My Bug Shield is Smoke colored, as are my Wind Deflectors

My Harley is also powder coated, it has different colored flakes in it, like metal flaked paint

·
Registered
241 Posts
I saw a pic on here with a truck in white with the ram heads painted black and the background changed to white. Thats one thing I am doing to mine when I get it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If your gonna do a bug deflector you can do it black to match the black vents in your hood, as far as the window visor things I have seen them in white and black and they both look good!!

You can always paint a bull bar white, just depending on how much you use it your going to stratch it up and have to keep retouching it.... If you take your stock sport bumper off I call dibs on buying it!
Black bug deflector would look good in contrast with the vents ! I just need to decide if I do black bug deflector if I then should go with black window visors!or keep it all white ( so many decisions !!! LOL ) but I guess I can always change it out if I dont like it ! Thanks for taking the time to help a guy out ? Do you or anybody else have any suggestions how to go about painting the bull bar?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When they powder coat, they sand blast the part before hand
There are different shades of black & different textures too

several parts on my truck are powder coated black, my truck is almost the color of a pumpkin, they call it Sunburst orange, i call it Burnt Orange

My Bug Shield is Smoke colored, as are my Wind Deflectors

My Harley is also powder coated, it has different colored flakes in it, like metal flaked paint
Thats what i thought about the sand blasting ! i was just wondering about the heat they use to cure the powder coating I did email one place and they still havent got back to me if the could (would ) do it for me and how much it would cost ! I will call a couple places this weekend to find out more !! Thanks for your time !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well as far as a bug deflecter ,I bought one that was color matched(mine is silver) from Mopar acc. catalog . Also I am painting my vent visors silver to match. I also will be debadging some of the emblems.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bought the airraid c.a.i. and the bull bar and took it in to get powder coated ! Bull bar $410 . (polished stainless) Sand blasting and powder coat white to Match $240 two weeks till pics :( !!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would go chrome.. too much white accesories may make it looked washed out. Nothin beats a clean truck shining in the sun and having the chrome gleaming. Just my personal opinion.
But i would powdercoat before paint due to paint will deff chip on the nerf bars and bull bar

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
That my friend looks awesome. now if it were me I would go black for the hood deflector and window visors for the contrast. I think it would look sharp, but you do what you want, I'm sure you cant make that beutiful truck look any worse. keep posting pics we all love them!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This looks GREAT!!! The LED lightbar looks awesome, Does it give off much light???
Thank you !! I really like it, too !! The light bar is 10,340 Lumens and it gives off a very bright white light that goes for miles ! If i have it on in the day time people let me know by flashing their brights at me LOL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts