DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have issues with am stations being really fuzzy and hard to hear? i have to have the volume up to at least 20 to hear and the reception is terrible. on the other hand my work truck a ford 1 ton transit the reception is crystal clear. my 09 1500 didn't have this issue. am i the only person or what gives???

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
My AM doesn't come in any worse than it does on any other receiver

·
Registered
114 Posts
does anyone have issues with am stations being really fuzzy and hard to hear? i have to have the volume up to at least 20 to hear and the reception is terrible. on the other hand my work truck a ford 1 ton transit the reception is crystal clear. my 09 1500 didn't have this issue. am i the only person or what gives???
Yes. I happened to be driving a different vehicle today and noticed how clear the AM channel was compared to the same channel on my Ram radio.

This wasn't the first time, and it only has poor reception on a couple low powered (relatively close) AM channels that I tune in. It does have good reception on AM stations with more power.

·
Registered
771 Posts
AM reception is crap in my 16 Rebel. I suspect that with the focus on Satellite or whatever other technology they're using to beam the Interweb into our vehicles, they didn't put a lot of concern into the design of the AM antenna. AM reception in my two other vehicles ('13 Challenger and '17 Pilot) is perfect in the same area.

·
Registered
295 Posts
is there really am signal still around, any time I try to receive any am signal it's always full of static

·
Registered
3 Posts
my AM reception on my 2016 1500 is complete garbage - any thoughts on a reasonably cheap solution? New antenna that anyone can recommend?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts