DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
What does it sound like. I have never heard of this but. I hear something like alternator wine on mine. But I do not think its the alt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
amax injector noise

sounds kinda like a not so loud ticking. maybe even be confused with lifter noise, (for those of us that have been away from playing with engines for awhile)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sounds like Hemi Tick, but only you know what you are hearing. However chances are its Hemi Tick and thats normal.

·
Registered
718 Posts
My motor sounds like a diesel. It doesn't have a tick. It just sounds like the the old 7.3 non turbo I had in one of my old work trucks. Drives me crazy. I was going to take it in but i know they will think im crazy. My 08 Ford F150 5.4 3 valve sounds like a sewing machine. Lol. But seriously it does.

·
Registered
389 Posts
some say valvoline syn oil will reduce or eliminate the hemi tick, if that is what you are hearing.

Hum that’s what I use in all my Hemi's, maybe that’s why I don't hear it as much. To me it sounds like a well "oiled" machine. LOL!

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
i have been using penzoil ultra and so far no tick. if it develops i will try the valvoline syn, if it still ticks after that i will get a louder exhaust.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
My 08 Ford F150 5.4 3 valve sounds like a sewing machine.
That's because the Ford and the Sewing machine share the same engine :)

LOL jk...

Fuel injectors can be rather noisy as well. With my hood open I can hear the injectors clicking over the other engine/exhaust noise(I have the 4.7L). They are also loud on my buell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts