DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected the ambient air temp sensor in my driver mirror check engine light on temp says -38 but horse power when up a lot why is that and what’s the down side to this ?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
What do you mean "horse power went up a lot"? Do you mean that it seems to have more power or did you put it on a dyno? Not sure of what is happening but here is a little story that maybe is related. When I was in Thailand I had a little 200CC Suzuki motor cycle. I went on a trip and after staying in a hotel when I got up the next morning it was quit cool. Started going back to the base and noticed that the bike was quicker and faster then when it was hot out. When I say faster I am talking about the actual speed on the speedometer, as it was about 5-10 MPH faster when going flat out with throttle maxed. So if your engine thinks it is really cold it might react different. The check engine light might have come on because the engine uses the ambient temp for operation.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throttle response is better feels like I have more horsepower it puts me in the back of my seat but I noticed that my RPMs are high and 2nd to 3rd shift is bad mpg is suffering so I just replaced sensor b4 causing damage to trans

·
Registered
230 Posts
PCM relies on the ATS for AIT; since it had a reading of -38 it proceeded to dump more fuel in to compensate (hence your shitty mileage lol).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts