DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Proud owner of a Blackout Big Horn and had a question on the ambient lighting function on the interior. It seems the only light is the small one in the headliner that lights up the center console. Are there not supposed to be lights in the foot wells, door panels, etc.?

Also, in my side mirrors, underneath, there are lights pointing to the ground. But they don't seem to do anything. Any idea how to turn these on?

Thanks! Loving the new truck... they really set the bar for interior design in the class.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey,

Proud owner of a Blackout Big Horn and had a question on the ambient lighting function on the interior. It seems the only light is the small one in the headliner that lights up the center console. Are there not supposed to be lights in the foot wells, door panels, etc.?

Also, in my side mirrors, underneath, there are lights pointing to the ground. But they don't seem to do anything. Any idea how to turn these on?

Thanks! Loving the new truck... they really set the bar for interior design in the class.
Here you go:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh... perhaps that is why I didn't see the mirror lights... I had used the remote start to get the ac going before getting in. I'll try it again tonight without the car on and see what happens.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that! Still wondering if the ambient lighting options are different for different trims. I thought I saw a video with footwell lights and maybe some door panel lights. I guess that may only apply to higher trim levels or something.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ah, dang. Didn't pick up on that. I believe you're correct. Pretty sure that under seat lighting is not available on that trim.

·
Super Moderator
34,226 Posts
If the 5th gens are like the 4th gens then the Bighorns don't have ambient lighting, you need to get a Laramie/Laramie Sport/Blackout to get that

·
Registered
406 Posts
You have to go to a highet trim level to get more then console ambient lighting. My Longhorn has ambient lighting all over the doors, switches, glove compartment, etc.

The only choice is yellow though unlike a Ford KR I had where you have different color choices. Doesn't really matter though because I usually have them turned down all the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts