DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with NetAudio's dual 12" sealed enclosure for my 2012 Crew Cab. Since I should gain the ability to fold the back seats down, I should have a few inches to play with back there (thats what she said...)

I think I am going to get the D4s and wire them down to 1ohm, so what AMP should I get? I am looking for SQ more than Db, granted, this is going to be very loud. I know they're rated at 600 rms but that does them no justice. I don't think I need to go nuts, but would 1000w per sub be solid? Please, all opinions and setups welcome. Whatever I go with, I will post some pics and vids when I am done.

I've got the Alpine system, so I will be keeping the HU and getting rid of their sub. Do I need any special wiring to connect to my HU, like a line converter or anything?

I am looking at about $1000-$1200 budget. Ive got the box lined up for around $350, the 2 subs totaling around $400 so I've got a few hundred more. I should be able to just run a 4gauge wiring kit too, yea?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
So $1200 total, and you've spent $750? Why not get two DVC 2's and get a 2 ohm amp, easier on electrical.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So $1200 total, and you've spent $750? Why not get two DVC 2's and get a 2 ohm amp, easier on electrical.
I am not familiar with what a DVC 2 is, can you explain a little more? I havent bought anything yet, just breaking it all out by price since I know $1200 is the high side of my budget. I haven't settled on the D4 or D2 for the Sundown SAs. Would there be a noticeable difference between the 1ohm setup on the D4s vs the 2 ohm setup on the D2s? Ohm level would determine a needed amp size too. Everytime I feel like I finally got all the answers, they just keep coming. I can't wait till I get it all setup- I appreciate everyone's help!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
DVC is dual voice coil, 2 ohm versions, they will sound the same as DVC 4's, for a 1 ohm final load...just if you get two DVC 2's, you have a final impedance of 2 ohm versus 1 ohm, no change in sound, just easier on your electrical.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DVC is dual voice coil, 2 ohm versions, they will sound the same as DVC 4's, for a 1 ohm final load...just if you get two DVC 2's, you have a final impedance of 2 ohm versus 1 ohm, no change in sound, just easier on your electrical.
Any suggestions for a 2ohm amp? I know the SAs are rated at 600Rms a piece, but can handle more. Should I just get a 1200 and call it a day, or should I do them justice and go 1500, 2000 etc...

Do I need any special wiring kit for this or can I just use the 4gauge? I am going to utilize the existing HU too so I didn't know if I needed a line converter or anything similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts