DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where the stock amplifier is located (if there is one)?

I have the 5.0 UConnect with the 6 speaker system and i cant figure out why all of my driver side speakers have stopped working all the sudden.. pretty sure they're not blown so i'm thinking i've got a bad connection somewhere

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I've got the same radio as you. There is no separate Amp, just the head unit power g the speakers. It might be a bad connection where the harness plugs into the head unit or something wrong with the head unit.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
COUld also bre pinched wire from cab to door. notorious for such

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I haven't checked the wiring yet from the door to cab so i'll look at that when i get off. Weird part is that even the driver side dash speaker is out so i'm not sure it would be a connection from door to cab since that wiring for the dash speaker most likely wouldn't run through the door grommet... but it cant hurt to look!

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Thanks guys. I haven't checked the wiring yet from the door to cab so i'll look at that when i get off. Weird part is that even the driver side dash speaker is out so i'm not sure it would be a connection from door to cab since that wiring for the dash speaker most likely wouldn't run through the door grommet... but it cant hurt to look!
It's possible that a short at the door could effect the whole side

1 - 6 of 6 Posts