DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK thanks to those that answered my post to suck or blow pertaining to my e-fan now heres another one for you.

I noticed today that I didnt need to turn the fan on at all driving to work the temp never made it to 210 hash mark on the temp gauge it went about 180 190 then went to 140 and hovered back and forth. System is full I burped it the overflow fills and empties also it dont get hot just at idle. now I am concerned thinking may be the gauge is wrong I want to get a controller but the leads I looked at were short not leaving any place to really mount it. After I shut the truck off the top hose gets hard is that normal as well or am i just paranoid now. sorry just worried about killing my baby :LOL:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow Thought I would get a reply. Is there anyone with cooling system exp. on here. I dont want to blow up the truck based on a stupid gauge thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
With not knowing your history of your truck or what you been doing for upgrades. With the temperature gauge fluctuating from 140 -190 degrees then either you remove the thermostat (which would cause the variance in temp), faulty temperature gauge, faulty sending unit or wiring to the sending unit. So if you been doing any work on the engine, the sending unit is by the thermostat housing, could just be a loose connection. That where I start.
If you are turning on the e-fan manually when reaching a certain temp, I would definitely change that setup.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks the only thing I did was swap the rad for a new one and put on a e-fan the temp with the old was like 140 all the time but there was heat now with the new one the temp like never goes up with the fan off. it get to like 190 then goes 150ish then back again but never hot enuff to turn on the fan rad cap cold top hose warm bottom hose warm heater hoses are warm. not hot lol I never came across a v8 that ran efficiently enuff to not need a fan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I think this was the problem I had air in my heater core and other places in the system I had burped the system b4 but not well enough I ran the truck up on ramps and opened the cap and viola more bubbles and lots of them and then the temp went up and heat came back hoses got hot I hope that thats the end of this problem if not t-stat check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts