DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been through a magna 14", flow 40 series, muffler delete, now I just installed true duals with 2 flowmaster 10 series and love it. Getting 21 MPG highway and it sounds amazing. RIght now I have no X or H pipe but am going to hook it up next week, which way should I go? Is it going to do anything to my power band? Next will definitely be headers. I'll post a video tomorrow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's the same setup I have but with an x pipe. I went a couple of weeks without the X and had horrible rasp at 2500rpms and up. Nasty glasspack sounding. The X fixed it. I had lost a good bit of throttle response going from a single 1-chamber to the dual 2.5" TD's and the X gave me my low/midrange power back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know, hopefully get it in there this week. Did they weld a brace on the two mufflers to prevent rattling? I assume they did but that may have caused that glasspack sounding crap...

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I too went thru several changes (18" mag, flow 50, 22" mag di/so) in my setup before ending up with what i have now...I guess being old i wanted it as quiet in the cab as possible...but if I have the urge, i open the dual cutouts to make it really loud and scare people... I did an H on mine and reversed a typical si/do muffler so that it is duals all the way to the muffler and s/o at the muffler itself, dumped... my fear was losing efficient scavenging if I did true's all the way through...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts