DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my truck has 3in pipes on it and alot of ppl tell me that the 3in are to big my question is why would they put it on from factory if its to big............So my question to yall would be is that true and should i put smaller exhaust on there i just want to find out before i weld this new flowmaster muffler i bought and yes there will be a before and after video for yall other pentastar owners on how it sounds

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can never have to big of pipes!!! The reason people are telling you that three inch is to big is because of back pressure, your engine needs a certain amount of back pressure to run correctly, but with the stock manifolds and cats you have plenty of back pressure for your engine to run correctly!!! I'm running no muffler and have no issue at all!!! I'm even getting about a mile to the gallon better mileage!!! So stick with the 3'' pipe and you'll have no issues with the flowmaster!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
A 3" is about perfect for your engine. Any bigger and you will loose low end power and any smaller you will loose power all around. You'll be just fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for clearing that up for me and i appreciate the help hopefully some time this week i will get this new muffler installed i also will be posting before and after videos for all to see and hear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts