DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a complete dumb ass when it comes to electrical and I can only learn by seeing. Ive looked around the internet for the past three days looking for a good picture that I could put into my slow brain and figure out exactly where to put the resistors....and I have had no luck. So here are a couple pictures of my kit and it would be AWESOME if somebody could take those pictures and add a nice bright yellow arrow as to where I have to place the resistors. I know I have a low beam kit and only need one resistor per side.

These pictures were taken on my phone so they won't be the best quality.

·
Registered
78 Posts
dude Im in the same boat right now dealing with mine in my 2011... Ive got pretty much the same ballast as you and I have a relay harness as well, so that it draws power directly from the battery rather than the original headlight power cable like plug and play setups work on other cars. I had a problem with flickering when I started the truck due to our computer systems in the truck, so what I did was rewire the relay switch power to my running lights rather than from the headlights so that when my running lights are on, so are my HID's. Works perfect with no resistors or capacitors in my truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I tried that but then for some reason it stopped working and now my corner running light doesn't work but the turn signal does.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Purchase anti flicker relay on ebay about 8.00 free shipping (plug-play) no cutting works great..NOTE this is on a quad headlight .sounds like you have dual but will work ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have the resistors and one bulb is burned out so I don't want to wait to have any other parts shipped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do I add the resistors to the blue and red wire that's after the ballast?? Ive tried hooking them up to the black and red wire that are between the ballast and the relay but that didn't solve anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
K, I got them to work but then after I put everything back together I tried them again and now they won't work. I checked the oem plug to make sure there was power, and there was. The resistors still heat up but the lights won't come on. Any ideas??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahaha K i fixed that problem and now my DRL flicker??? My truck is a Canadian one so its law to have the DRL. Anyway I can fix this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts