DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 years of researching, forum lurking and patiently waiting the time finally came for me to lower my truck. To get the look I was after I choose the Belltech 964sp kit along with 285/50r20 Hankook tires on stock sport wheels. I couldn't be happier about the look of the truck now, exactly what I had in mind when I bought it. Now for my TL;DR subjective review of the Belltech kit:

Install: PITA with just regular tools and jack/jack stands for someone with little suspension experience. Protips: get a 13/16 stubby wrench for the rear top shock bolt and save yourself a ton of time. Don't use a pickle fork for the front upper ball joint, just undo the nut a bit and hammer on it until it pops out. WD40 all the things. Don't over torque the lower front shock bolts, they snap very easy, ask me how I know.

Ride: Around town it rides like a lowered truck, you feel more of the road and bumps are much rougher but handles better and flatter, steering feel much improved. Front suspension is soft, rear is firm, seems unbalanced. I'm ok with it but I know some others aren't. Drifts corners easier now, I like. On the freeway the ride sucks, super firm/rough and unsettling at higher speeds. Yes I installed the track bar relocator.

Overall: Very pleased with the package, happy to finally have my lowered sport truck, now needs moar mods. Going to do a little photo shoot sometime this week but for now all I have is a grainy cell phone shot.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Fine-looking truck! Gorgeous !!

Can you get your wheelwell height, ground to underside in center, front & rear, for us ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks good, love blue!

David

·
Registered
989 Posts
After 3 years of researching, forum lurking and patiently waiting the time finally came for me to lower my truck. To get the look I was after I choose the Belltech 964sp kit along with 285/50r20 Hankook tires on stock sport wheels. I couldn't be happier about the look of the truck now, exactly what I had in mind when I bought it. Now for my TL;DR subjective review of the Belltech kit:

Install: PITA with just regular tools and jack/jack stands for someone with little suspension experience. Protips: get a 13/16 stubby wrench for the rear top shock bolt and save yourself a ton of time. Don't use a pickle fork for the front upper ball joint, just undo the nut a bit and hammer on it until it pops out. WD40 all the things. Don't over torque the lower front shock bolts, they snap very easy, ask me how I know.

Ride: Around town it rides like a lowered truck, you feel more of the road and bumps are much rougher but handles better and flatter, steering feel much improved. Front suspension is soft, rear is firm, seems unbalanced. I'm ok with it but I know some others aren't. Drifts corners easier now, I like. On the freeway the ride sucks, super firm/rough and unsettling at higher speeds. Yes I installed the track bar relocator.

Overall: Very pleased with the package, happy to finally have my lowered sport truck, now needs moar mods. Going to do a little photo shoot sometime this week but for now all I have is a grainy cell phone shot.

Nice truck! Get a Hellwig rear sway bar to go with that track bar relocator... might just give you back some of that ass-end control.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks killer! Now get a set of oem 04' f-150 front links. They are shorter than the stocks and level out the front sway bar for better ride quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts