DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the short story is i have a 2013 ram 1500 crew and at 120,000 mile i lost the cam like so many other on here so i picked up an 2018 5.7 with 14,000 miles on it and in one day
a friend and i removed and replaced the old for the newer 5.7 from day one with the newer engine i have been manual shifting up to 6th each time i put it in drive to keep the MDS from working so yesterday i had a shop friend of mine deactivate the MDS with his HPtuner and leaving the shop the ECO light is still coming on. I have stock exhaust so with out diving by a wall or something sending sound back at me i can't tell if the light is coming on and the MDS is working or not working but the light is coming on. Normally going by buildings i can hear it with the window down but i could not last night. Just wondering if the light comes on even after you delete MDS ?

Thanks
Roger

·
Registered
173 Posts
The light lets you know that you're driving economically friendly. You can turn it off under the connect settings.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Eco does not necessarily mean MDS is engaged. You'll tend to see it come on when you let off the gas, driving at slower steady speeds; as bran said, driving economically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts