I just finished installing my 6" Zone kit with Bilsteins and set them to 2.8. I was going to do 2.1 but decided to say screw it go all the way. The angles dont look as bad as my 06 F150 with a 6" and 2" level added (8" BDS)...Anyways, I did get new upper control arms just to play it safe. Figured if I was spending all the money for the lift and tires, why not another 100-150 for the upper control arms. I got the mevotech ones and they are greasable and the ball joint looks pretty good. I also got new brake lines for the front that are very good and I didnt have to worry about over extending the stock ones. I wish I could have replaced the rear ones but I read they are hardlined in and arent easily replaceable. Those stretched pretty far when I was installing the rear brackets for the upper control arms and track bar.
I would agree and get the Zone. I just didnt like that the rear of the RCX had coil spring spacers and not new coil springs like the Zone has. I got the 5" ones and my truck sits almost perfectly level with it just a bit higher up front by a quarter of an inch.
The only couple things I noticed when doing the install that I wasnt a huge fan of (when installing) was that you get new tie rods ends and you are instructed to cut off about 3/8 to 7/16 of the inner tie rod and then twist the new tie rods all the way on. You are cutting a threaded part and with it being on the vehicle it is in a tough spot. I do have to say that I reluctantly did this and my alignment is almost dead on. The toe is out about 3/16ths of an inch (quick and dirty check) and the truck drives straight down the road. I have to wait until monday to get the alignment but I wont put more than 50 miles on the truck until then.
Also, the rear of the RCX has to be easier just due to the fact that they give you new upper control arms instead of these crazy brackets like Zone where you have to drill out holes to 7/16ths. This was time consuming and they didnt always line up correctly.
The worst part by far was disassembling the front diff. The top 2 bolts are so far up in the truck and there is a wire harness in the way in getting a socket in there. I had to use extensions and swivels and it was not pretty.
When all was said and done, aka 5hrs ago, I spent about 18hrs on it over 3 days. Mind you, I did this all on my own. I had a vehicle lift and every tool imaginable including machining dyes and drill presses (thank you girlfriends father..haha)
Overall, I love it and it looks awesome. I havent got any good pics since its dark here now but I will do it first thing when I get outta work in the morning.