DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a small leak in the radiator the other day. Nothing major not a significant loss of antifreeze. Put anti freeze in. Still overheated. Replaced thermostat. Still overheated. Checked and tested thermostat. Flushed radiator. Still overheated. Fan spins by hand. Belt is good. Replaced water pump 2yrs (about 20,000 miles ago.). Is there anyway to tell if water pump is not working? I’m not sure if it’s metal or plastic. Or which one To go with. Should I just replace radiator and water pump?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Radiator cap was just loose! Took a whole bottle and a half of antifreeze! Yeah I got my radiator leak back! Any know a quickie radiator leak fix to get me by till i can fix it right?

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,601 Posts
Unfortunately, any quick fix to seal the radiator would probably cause you more problems (and $$$) further down the road by mucking up the inside of your engine.

You don't mention how much antifreeze is leaking out, in what period of time? (Big leak/small leak)

If you can't figure it out, I suggest taking it to a mechanic. But like I said in Newbie Checkin, give this post a couple of days for responses.

Good luck with it in the mean time. Keep a jug or two of antifreeze with you, till you get it corrected. You don't want to ruin the block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts