DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I have a 98 1500 5.9 4x4... I was under it tinkering around today and I came across something that didnt look right... I 2 small tubes, 1 black and 1 red, going to my front axle coming from the tcase... I know they are supposed to be there but the connections at the tcase end are very loose and oily from being behind an oil and tranny leak...

can someone tell me what these do, and if I need to fix this issue?? Any suggestions on going about fixing it??

I know that I will get the help I need here!! Thanks guys... :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so after some research on here, I have learned that they are vacuum lines coming from my tcase and going to my front actuator... I need to know how to fix the connections at the tcase as they are really loose... Do the parts stores sell new, tighter, rubber "sleeves"?? Or is there another preffered fix?? Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
I put zipties around mine, as hose clamps,(4) if they're disconnected, the axle disconnect won't connect, and you may get a hard knock climbing hills at low rpm, cuz of the vac leak....Possibly a #8 cyl misfire code out of your ecu, and a CEL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts