DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I have been reading posts about mufflers and watching you tube vids. Still wanted to ask a few questions before I buy a muffler.
I just bought my 2016 ram 1500 4x4 with hemi back in December.
Had a 2003 ram 1500 with hemi for years and loved it. The old 2003 had an aftermarket muffler that had a perfect sound
but I couldn't find any name or numbers on the thing anywhere so I have no idea what it was.
I'm looking at the flowmaster flow-fx kit. I don't want to be too loud but I don't want to install the thing and be disappointed.
My truck is stock and I'm just doing a muffler only swap because the stock muffler is just too quiet for me.
Some mufflers I'm looking at:
flowmaster flow-fx
magnaflow 18"
flowmaster street performance 50's series
I basically want something in between "only little louder than stock, bummer" and "oh crap way too loud"
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I've been running the 18" magnaflow on my 17 Ram for about 2 years. I'm as happy with it now as I was the day it was installed. It's pretty much the same level of loud as my 19 Charger RT was with stock active exhaust. The Charger is now louder as I just swapped the mufflers on it for Dynomax mini race-bullets.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Follow up.
I bought the Flowmaster FlowFX bolt on muffler kit and installed it yesterday.
I love it! Exactly the sound I was looking for.
Easy install too.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I haven't heard of Flow FX. How it compare with 10 and 40 series

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've had a Mufflex DOD-M80 for 4 years now and I think it sounds good. It's a muffler delete but surprisingly I still hear some Rams louder than mine. Not much of a drone to speak of.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK guys, I have been reading posts about mufflers and watching you tube vids. Still wanted to ask a few questions before I buy a muffler.
I just bought my 2016 ram 1500 4x4 with hemi back in December.
Had a 2003 ram 1500 with hemi for years and loved it. The old 2003 had an aftermarket muffler that had a perfect sound
but I couldn't find any name or numbers on the thing anywhere so I have no idea what it was.
I'm looking at the flowmaster flow-fx kit. I don't want to be too loud but I don't want to install the thing and be disappointed.
My truck is stock and I'm just doing a muffler only swap because the stock muffler is just too quiet for me.
Some mufflers I'm looking at:
flowmaster flow-fx
magnaflow 18"
flowmaster street performance 50's series
I basically want something in between "only little louder than stock, bummer" and "oh crap way too loud"
Thanks for any advice.
Flow Master 40 has a good sound, not to loud, and when cracking open the Hemi what a great sound from the Flow master.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts