DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for help with a quick antenna question. The local car wash (WASH TUB :fca5278d:) broke of the antenna and is refusing to even listen so i guess i will tackle this alone. The mast broke off, so the threaded part is stuck down in the adapter area. i am using terms i have found on line other places and here, so i believe I'm explaining correctly. :4-dontknow:

Theres the metal fender. then plastic piece cut at angle (adapter). then on top of plastic piece theres a metal piece that has three indentions (guessing special wrench?). then theres a little nub sticking out of that. Inside that nub, is the broken off part of the mast.

the plastic piece is faded (odd, as nothing else is), so id like to just replace that piece too along with the mast. strange part is, the radio works COMPLETELY fine as is.... any thought on that? its a single MP3 disk, Sirius radio, with U Connect capability thing...

so if someone can link me, or point me in the right direction of antenna stuff, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would buy a replacement mast from Dodge or an auto parts store and just unscrew the old and screw in the new. There is really no need to replace the base and redo the wiring into the radio if you don't have to.

The radio probably receives the local AM-FM stations but would have trouble receiving distant stations. It would not affect the Sirius because it uses the roof antenna for it's reception.

Andy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the base of the mast is broke off in the thing. I was able to get all off today, so I'll just hit dealership tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts