DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 4dr/4wd 67k miles 5.7. Been great vehicle since I bought it used 3yrs ago. Was running errands .. came out .. truck would not start .. no click/no crank .. dead. Messed with key fob .. about 5 mins .. started up .. so I took off .. went maybe 4-5 miles .. truck died mid flight. 5-10 mins go by after fooling around with key in ignition ..started again .. took off .. died mid flight again a couple miles later. Couldn't get it started this time .. got towed. It is dead in my driveway .. turn key .. no click/crank .. have dome lights .. dash (speedometer//tach) illuminated .. battery good. radio display .. "Anti Theft Code -- Code Error - Please Restart the System". No power .. can't even get windows up. Any ideas .. would at least like to get power so I can close the windows (rain). Am I at the mercy of the dealers .. my mechanic won't touch it. Thanks. kws.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
So try this. Disconnect battery. With battery disconnected turn key to on for like 20-30 seconds. Reconnect battery. May work, may not, but you got zero invested. Are you positive the battery is good?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello djh3 .. appreciate your response. Tried your suggestion and also some variations on that I found .. no luck. The battery as far as I can tell is good .. got lights dome/head/tail. I have a call in to one dealer and a email to another .. neither has responded .. big surprise. Sure would like to avoid the dealer rip off if I can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello djh3 .. appreciate your response. Tried your suggestion and also some variations on that I found .. no luck. The battery as far as I can tell is good .. got lights dome/head/tail. I have a call in to one dealer and a email to another .. neither has responded .. big surprise. Sure would like to avoid the dealer rip off if I can.
any luck with this fix? i'm having the same issue would love some help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any luck with this fix? i'm having the same issue would love some help!
I wish I could say yes. I tried every suggestion .. nothing worked. I ended up at the dealer. They replaced RFH (receiver hub) and ignition switch. Basically they told me the vehicle was not communicating with the key. Bottom line .. $1013.34.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish I could say yes. I tried every suggestion .. nothing worked. I ended up at the dealer. They replaced RFH (receiver hub) and ignition switch. Basically they told me the vehicle was not communicating with the key. Bottom line .. $1013.34.
Sup bro this literally just happened to me. Do you happen to know what the part numbers are for both the RFH and the ignition switch? Would help a ton and I can just have my mechanic do it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a 2015 dodge 2500 truck that was knocking so ordered a new create engine 5.7 hemi short block so did the motor swap and now no start with anti theft reset on the stereo . Has power on everything but the starter and ecm . Any ideas ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 4dr/4wd 67k miles 5.7. Been great vehicle since I bought it used 3yrs ago. Was running errands .. came out .. truck would not start .. no click/no crank .. dead. Messed with key fob .. about 5 mins .. started up .. so I took off .. went maybe 4-5 miles .. truck died mid flight. 5-10 mins go by after fooling around with key in ignition ..started again .. took off .. died mid flight again a couple miles later. Couldn't get it started this time .. got towed. It is dead in my driveway .. turn key .. no click/crank .. have dome lights .. dash (speedometer//tach) illuminated .. battery good. radio display .. "Anti Theft Code -- Code Error - Please Restart the System". No power .. can't even get windows up. Any ideas .. would at least like to get power so I can close the windows (rain). Am I at the mercy of the dealers .. my mechanic won't touch it. Thanks. kws.
Get a ODB2 code reader and plug it into your vehicle, once plugged in and the device is on press the red E button on the device, a message should appear prompting you if you're sure or not, respond yes or press the arrows facing each other button located on the device. This should clear the system of all codes and allow you to start your dodge ram (3500 my experience).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts