DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a 2014 Ram 1500 tradesman/Epress crew cab 4X4 5.7 Hemi 6speed auto with high mileage?

I’m looking at one with 188,000 miles for $14,000. It has 1 previous owner, and I’m guessing they used it for hauling long distance because it has trailer brakes and a programmer already installed and seems to run and shift good just on a short 4 mile test drive.

If so, what are the repairs that you have had to make to this point? Should I expect the transmission to go out soon? Please include mileage with the repairs you’ve made.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Wow, that is impressive. My 2014 Big Horn has 92k miles, which is why I just added a 3rd car for better mpg and running around town. That said I love my truck and have had very little problems or issues. I have a sudden down shift right now when in 4x4 lock coming to a stop that the dealership needs to address. Mine has an 8 speed auto and as far as I know FCA does very little repair on these and usually just swaps them out. Your 6 speed is a bit older so it might be cheaper to replace and maybe rebuild. Motor is pretty solid, but at those miles I'd expect leaks to start and check the seals. At least it is a relatively simple Express, if it was a high in model loaded with electronics I would not touch it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts