DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Any Issues with Spacers with Stock Size Rims?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  eyesncoke 
#1 ·
Recently picked up a '16 Ram. Swapping my Ruffino rims from my '12. They are factory size and offsets (20x9 with +20 I think).

Having 2" level kit and 275/65/20 Cooper STT Pro's put on next week. I'd like to kick the tires out a bit, do you guys think putting 1" wheel spacers in would cause any issues (rubbing, etc.)???

#2 ·
I don't think you'll have any issues with that size.

6michaud put the same size on his Ram with 1.5" spacers and he's had no issues.
He has a 6" lift but I don't think you be any worse off with your 2" level.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=207465&page=10

Can you post pics of your tires once you get them installed. I love those new Cooper STT Pro's.

#5 ·
Got the truck back last night with the lift and tires done. Looks great. Would have loved a lift but I drive too many miles to sacrifice the gas mileage...and then there also that other thing called cash that held me back. But overall I'm happy. Also had the Flowmaster HD50 series put on and it sounds good. Not too loud on the inside which is what I wanted for those long trips. Going to put the flares on this weekend hopefully. Probably won't go with the spacers because 1" was the max I wanted to go but I'm not interested in trimming studs. Or worrying about ball joints and wheel bearings burning out earlier. Will try and post some pics tomorrow. Tough to get good ones when it's always dark!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.