DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a tool box that fits in the bed of my C.C. Ram 1500. Any suggestions on where i can find one? I have been looking around the internet and can't really find one that fits like its suppose to. Any advise would be great!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
stay away from Weather Guard aluminum diamond plate. I have 4 [2 per side] up on bed rails. ALL have cracked at their welds in the corners! I have them bolted to a 6" angle iron as the base to a custom made ladder rack w 1/2" bolts through tool box/angle iron/bed rail. Sturdy! The boxes have all cracked and a buddy has the same boxes bolted to his ford in a different fashion, but they cracked in exactly the same location. My boxes are 5 yrs older than his. His broke in the first 6 mos of use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! I like the Pro Tech box only problem is there isn't a dealer around me. Thanks for the info i will deffinatley keep them in mind.

·
Premium Member
32,601 Posts
a lot depends on where you are going to mount it
will it be sitting on your bed rails or on the bed floor
most of the ones that sit on the rails leave about 5 inches of storage space on the floor
autoanything has a nice write up on what to look for in buying a tool box, i am not saying that the brand that they carry is good or bad, its just good research
http://www.autoanything.com/truck-toolboxes/50A33A177A1.aspx

a real nice setup can be found here
http://www.800toolbox.com/saddle/saddle_box.htm

i had mine custom built out of of 1/8th inch sheet metal & powder coated, then i took some 2"X3" Steel Rectangular Tube cut to the right length & welded on end caps, powder coated it, then bolted the toolbox, tubing, bed sheet metal, & the truck frame together with 4 long bolts. The top of the toolbox is just below the trucks bed rails. I can wash out the bed easily. only mistake was i had it powder coated black, burns my hands when it gets warm out, like last week

[/URL]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts