DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
That is a good question; they do look to be about the same shape, but IDK how the new ones mount or if the wiring would hook up. I know we have a couple members who work at dealerships, maybe they could compare them?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Also do they have the 2019 LED tail lights without the blind spot monitors?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The 2019 taillights have a slight angle to them on the corner and I think the 4th gens are just curved without a angle, but they still mite fit the 4th gens, and yes you can get them without blindspot monitoring.
Just the kind of input we're looking for :smileup:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Went to the dealership today to buy a pair to see if I can fit them. Not in stock
Let us know how it works out. Skimming eBay the other night they already have the 2019 tow mirrors on there. I was snooping at the dealership while they had my truck for the recall and was thinking the same about trying the 2019 mirrors minus the blind spot monitoring. The tow mirrors look identical and the base of the new style mirrors look very close. I didn't take exact measurements but wish I did. If anything the angle of the mirror base maybe a little different.

Worse case scenario for the taillights it won't be long until someone gets a harness adapter on the market if it's different. I'm sure for both mirrors and lights the harness will be where the roadblock is. At least the canbus system won't be any more of a pain in the ass then it is already

·
Registered
263 Posts
I take that back..... Thinking about it do the new led taillights have led reverse lights built in? That will be a problem for the 4th gens then. My after market taillights have leds integrated in them. I had a good set of led bulbs that didn't throw errors in my stock set but with the integrated leds in the current ones that have the LED reverse lights built in I had to add a resistor. So that will probably be an obstacle in the harness and in general. Just thinking ahead.... Maybe we will all get lucky and it will be perfect swap with no mods needed

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out if this works ?
The tails for a new HD work; the beds are the same on the new HDs as they were for the old ones; the new 1500s have a slight angle to one of the corners so they are not interchangeable.

Apparently Retroshop is working on an adapter harness for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts