DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day a little superficial rust in the driver side door hinge and was wondering if any1 else has seen this on theirs.

Don't have any on the passenger side, guess I need to wipe it off and keep it lubricated

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just saw it the other day, so it must have been due to the 3 days of rain and me not driving it or opening the door for a week when i was out of town

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Well really what else can they do? It's a wear part that the paint gets rubbed off, so if it gets water/chemicals on it it's going to rust. I'd just keep it lubed and you won't have an issue, it only takes a second to spray all 4 of my doors every few months...

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I Have it too. I also have it in the track the seats run on. I don't have a pic, but if you slide the front seat all the way back, you might see some there too. I just sprayed it with some krown rust control. I also realy like red muscle grease for the hinges. Great stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have this, though not as bad. Its not really an issue, I just spray a little lube on it every now and then. I live in Florida, so it might be cause from the high humidity.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Other than being a different color, that could be my old '09. I just kept it lubed with some spray grease. As long as it didn't creak and moan when I opened the door I didn't mind.

·
Registered
236 Posts
my truck is 3 months old and have the same problem , pretty crappy if you ask me

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it rubs and it's going to happen, every vehicle does, it's just where the paint has rubbed off thats all. I was just curious if any1 else noticed it is all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts