DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to put in the 2008+ Intake Manifold (with the TB Adapter) on my 2004 4.7L. Has anyone on here done this? My big question is would a CAI for my model year fit or would I need to order one for a 2008+?

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Yeah CAI will fit fine. TB placement is identical. The 2008+ manifold is supposed to be much better, but I don't know from experience, I started out with it lol.

·
Registered
356 Posts
1999-2007 - 4.7L THROTTLE BODY ADAPTER & BRACKET KIT to 2008-2011 INTAKE MANIFOLD $289.50

2011- 4.7L INTAKE MANIFOLD - FACTORY REPLACEMENT - (99-07 4.7L UPGRADE) $275.00

1999-2007 - 4.7L H/O CAMSHAFTS $355.00

I would recommend to do the H.O cam swap to feel the True power out of the engine and Intake upgrade.

TOTAL: $899.50

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
The SCT will just give you a "custom" tune, where as the superchips is a canned tune. If you're not doing a lot of mods the superchips will be fine.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The cams and intake swap will work very well with a Custom Tune.
I have not done the cam and Intake swap and I did a SCT Custom Tune
with my simple mods Cold Air Intake,throttle body,180 thermostat,power wire and e-Fan and the custom tune gave me a huge gain over Superchips. I have Both tuners and I'm already selling my Superchips cause SCT just dominated Superchips. Hey everyone has their opinion I just think a 206 cams and intake manifold and throttle body swap well just work very well with SCT including if they use the powerwire and 180 thermostat in the Combo with a good exhaust.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
I've heard great things about SCT, didn't mean to make it seem like they weren't good. It just depends if you want a custom tune or a canned tune.

SS, does the SCT offer trans tuning? I looked into them once a while back and found their website very confusing, I didn't understand how it worked. I couldn't find where to buy the actual product, only where to buy "tuning packages" or something like that...it was a bit confusing to me.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Nick at airram I believe dropped like 1/2 second in the 1/4 mile when he went from the superchips 91 tune to the SCT. I'm not sure if he bumped up the octane to 93 (that would play a role) but definitely an improvement. Apparently whoever is doing the tunes on the SCT is good...I may get an SCT or diablo with custom tune when I'm all done with everything.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well I got mine Custom Tune from HEMIFEVER and it was a WOW when I installed it.
Some model of ram do allow for trans tuning mine didn't but what I did is added the
Sonnex Trans line Pressure Booster and at WOT with the SCT it was a very noticeable increase in Traction and power. Unless you get a SCT certified tuner in your area the only way to get the custom tune or order from Hemifever or AIRram for the custom tune but SCT website don't sell custom tune only the empty tuner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking to put in the 2008+ Intake Manifold (with the TB Adapter) on my 2004 4.7L. Has anyone on here done this? My big question is would a CAI for my model year fit or would I need to order one for a 2008+?
Where do you get the Throttle Body Adapter

1 - 18 of 18 Posts