DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well hello, I'm new on here...
But here is my laundry list of problems:
I had bought my ram in sept of 11. First off, they backed into the fence with my truck and they let me take It home like that. Then for about 6 months the truck had starting issue, once where it had to get towed. They literally told me they don't know what the problem can be since it already got a new starter, battery, alternator. But eventually the teuck stopped having issues by itself. Then 2 months after that my mirror lights were shorting out . They reppaced the mirrors twice and still no luck. Now a year down the road, my check engige light went on and I plugged it in myself and it came up a cyliner #3 misfire. So I saod it muct be a coil or something simple. I take it to dodge and they tell me it needs a 30, 000 mile tune up that cost $500... I wanted to do it myself but I knew if it had more problems, I'd be in trouble. So, now wjen I took it home afterwards, check engine light came back on with the same code and MY A/C STOPPED WORKING... I called them furious since there was never a problem with the a/c... turns out the "accidentally" cut an a/c hose and the problem with the light was a fuel injector.so they failed to tell me parts are on back order for 2 weeks so I leave it there and to make it better they rejected for me to get a loaner... not sure why. So yesterday they call me and tell me now they think its a cylinder head... I AM SO FURIOUS AT DODGE. and now, to put the icing on the cake, the paint is peeling off my fender and the bumper they already painted. And somehow they rejected to repaint it because they told me its already been painted . And I told them they painted it but they still fail to cover it... my only choice is to get a lawyer bur I'd figure to get some advice on here please help!!!

·
Banned
329 Posts
Just my opinion, but it sounds like your Dealer is 3/4 of your problem.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
First off, they backed into the fence with my truck and they let me take It home like that.
You took it home that way or you didn't know about it?

Then for about 6 months the truck had starting issue, once where it had to get towed. They literally told me they don't know what the problem can be since it already got a new starter, battery, alternator. But eventually the teuck stopped having issues by itself.
You dealership is clearly incompetent and isn't worth a squirt of monkey's piss. Instead of tracking the problem's source, they just change parts.

Then 2 months after that my mirror lights were shorting out . They reppaced the mirrors twice and still no luck.
See reply above.

what do you mean they were shorting out? How was this determined? I ask because if this was the dealership's ultimate diagnosis, then the source of the issue was determined BUT not addressed.

Electrical issues of ANY type should ALWAYS be addressed by troubleshooting the issue and finding it's source, not by merely changing parts over.

Now a year down the road, my check engige light went on and I plugged it in myself and it came up a cyliner #3 misfire. So I saod it muct be a coil or something simple. I take it to dodge and they tell me it needs a 30, 000 mile tune up that cost $500... I wanted to do it myself but I knew if it had more problems, I'd be in trouble. So, now wjen I took it home afterwards, check engine light came back on with the same code and MY A/C STOPPED WORKING... I called them furious since there was never a problem with the a/c... turns out the "accidentally" cut an a/c hose and the problem with the light was a fuel injector.so they failed to tell me parts are on back order for 2 weeks so I leave it there and to make it better they rejected for me to get a loaner... not sure why. So yesterday they call me and tell me now they think its a cylinder head... I AM SO FURIOUS AT DODGE. and now, to put the icing on the cake, the paint is peeling off my fender and the bumper they already painted. And somehow they rejected to repaint it because they told me its already been painted . And I told them they painted it but they still fail to cover it... my only choice is to get a lawyer bur I'd figure to get some advice on here please help!!!
See reply above.

What exactly did the $500.00 30K service consist of?

Why was the bumper painted? Because of the fence issue? If a part or labor they undertook is now defective in any way, I'll make this simple, it is their responsibility, period!

I would seriously consider A. Finding another dealership B. Contacting the suits [high up] at Chrysler.

Legal council is, and should always be, your last avenue. I don't believe you've exhausted all avenues as yet.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello,
@designflaw- It's been at 3 different dealers and i keep getting the same answers... I'm not sure if they are just retarded or whats going on because every answer is always the same- "Not found"
And @ Grubrunner- the bumper issue was found when I took the truck home. I was blown away by it. The mirror issue came about when they apparently "tested" it and they said "it has to be the mirrors"... and like i said to designflaw, It's been to 3 different dealers and a diagnosis has not been found. I personally think that my whole computer is fried and needs to be replaced.... But still doesnt explain the issues with the cylinder head.... I cant wait to get rid of it!!!!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
You didn't do a walk-around with the salesperson on the day of purchase/pickup just prior to driving off from the lot?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did, I remember it like it was yesterday... When I walked around the back, the tailgate was down. Those bastards knew and I was furious when I got home.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, and the 30,000 "tune up" was to change the plugs, filters, all liquids,etc. (Something I could have done for aprox $85) but you know how the dealer likes to get you so hard in prices

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Wow!

They really pulled a fast-one on you.

That's just chicken shit IMO.

But you must feel partially responsible too. There's no reason why the tailgate would be dropped for a purchase final walk around.... that's a red-flag right there that they were masking something.

I'm guessing someone else popped the tailgate back up away from your view, right?

So I'm guessing you've come to a stalemate with that and other dealerships, right?

Are you thinking of calling Chrysler direct?

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
WOW...sorry to hear about all those issues.....Your dealership sounds like a bunch of clowns....I would definitely contact Chrysler if you havent already done so.....Please keep us updated on how things progress...I will be following this thread for sure,.....Good luck...

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Wow!

They really pulled a fast-one on you.

That's just chicken shit IMO.

But you must feel partially responsible too. There's no reason why the tailgate would be dropped for a purchase final walk around.... that's a red-flag right there that they were masking something.

I'm guessing someone else popped the tailgate back up away from your view, right?

So I'm guessing you've come to a stalemate with that and other dealerships, right?

Are you thinking of calling Chrysler direct?
WOW Grub, what a bunch of [email protected]! clowns at that dealership.....

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Yeah without a doubt. He has every reason to be furious as I too would be smoking from the ears under similar conditions.

You know, the funny thing is I read on these boards many similar threads of this thread's nature, and I must say I've never experienced remotely anything like these types of issue with any dealership I've associated with over the years.

These types of threads make me thank God.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would definitely contact Chrysler if you havent already done so.....
I did contact chrysler aprox. 6-8 times and they do nothing for me but tell me "the dealership is their eyes and ears". Literally everything in my power I feel has been done. I just contacted the BBB and they're supposed to get back to me. and I just called a lawyer and I have an appointment with him next week. I've had Fords all my life and given they had their problems too. But, they always took care of me and did everything right the first time. Chrysler just doesn't comply with you at all.

Well to be honest, do you think there would be bad scratches on a brand new truck? I NEVER had that happen to me and from that, I learned my lesson. Just thinking about this truck gives me one big headache. And not to mention, when you have so many complications, you loose the love for the truck :/

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a driveway full of Dodge products due to the lack of customer service when I was purchasing mostly fords. My local dodge dealer bends over backwards to keep me happy. I feel bad for you I have had a couple vehicles in my live that I really loved but ended up being a total piece of crap. Maybe when they see you are taking action they might take you serious and fix it right. I am also going to follow this thread I have been in your shoes and know how frustrating it can be.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Well to be honest, do you think there would be bad scratches on a brand new truck? I NEVER had that happen to me and from that, I learned my lesson.
To some degree, no. You have absolutely every right to expect a new vehicle to be blemish free from the naked eye.

However, what happens to that vehicle after it leaves the production plant until the time you pick it up after purchasing from the dealership - which could be many months - well, it's a novel in itself.

For that very reason in and around itself, an ABSOLUTE thorough inspection by YOU is warranted at vehicle pick-up.

Live and learn, indeed.

Just thinking about this truck gives me one big headache. And not to mention, when you have so many complications, you loose the love for the truck :/
Oh, I most certainly understand. I've only felt that way about one vehicle I've owned over the years and it's a gut-wrenching feeling.

·
Registered
366 Posts
antwan181 sorry to hear your problems. I have a 2011 purchased new in april (33,000 miles) and havent had any issues at all, knock on wood!!! If you can do me a favor and list the dealerships you have gone to so I can avoid them.

·
Banned
5,858 Posts
antwan181 sorry to hear your problems. I have a 2011 purchased new in april (33,000 miles) and havent had any issues at all, knock on wood!!! If you can do me a favor and list the dealerships you have gone to so I can avoid them.
Yeah, really! Alberto, are you anywhere near Oceanside? If so, you need this info!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
surely lol... east hills, garden city, and westbury.... But, out of those 3, garden city has helped a little better then the other two.... But regardless, the truck should not have these many issues at only 35,300 miles. I tell corporate all the time, "I feel like im driving a 1990 corolla, you never know when its gonna brake down"... a friend of mine had the same starting issues with his 2012 but his was a starter and it was case closed... My truck has a rap sheet a mile long containing aprox 67 days in the shop in the last 23 months

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Which one of those was the purchasing dealership?

They're the ass clowns!

·
Registered
285 Posts
This is absolute crap. My deal is great to me gets me what ever I need right then and there. When I get real mad at my cell phone company I throw the phone at a guy in the store. Maybe you should drive the truck into the dealership "or threaten to tallest" see if they take you seriously then

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
I did contact chrysler aprox. 6-8 times and they do nothing for me but tell me "the dealership is their eyes and ears". Literally everything in my power I feel has been done. I just contacted the BBB and they're supposed to get back to me. and I just called a lawyer and I have an appointment with him next week. I've had Fords all my life and given they had their problems too. But, they always took care of me and did everything right the first time. Chrysler just doesn't comply with you at all.

Well to be honest, do you think there would be bad scratches on a brand new truck? I NEVER had that happen to me and from that, I learned my lesson. Just thinking about this truck gives me one big headache. And not to mention, when you have so many complications, you loose the love for the truck :/
Man sorry to hear that....I had some issues and not to rub it in or anything, they looked after me and bent over backwards...When I was having issues with my first 2013 that I recently purchased, Chrysler Canada didn't seem to really care however my dealer went beyone the call and looked after me. Hence my second 2013.....I really feel for ya. I know how frustrating it can be... I have been there.... Good luck with everything and please keep us updated on how things progress.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts