DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was wondering if aftermarket sways would make a significant difference in handling and ride for my 2wd crew cab. They are very expensive too. 4wd chime in as well! Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Following because I am curious too. I put one on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and didnt notice a thing. Seemed like wasted money. Would love to hear feedback from here too.

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
I put the Hellwig on my 4wd and it made a big difference. I feel that it was definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Had one on my lifted 2wd huge difference in handling. Eliminated a lot of the body roll. Have it for sale if interested.

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had one on my lifted 2wd huge difference in handling. Eliminated a lot of the body roll. Have it for sale if interested.
Front or rear bar? Anybody run both?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Rear Hellwig does not make a front one for the 1500 due to it being a quality part.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Get one, you will be happy you did! Check their end links too, Moog makes great ones as well (Moog 8"-11" adjustable pictured with rear Hellwig, Hellwig end links are up front)

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are yall running front or just rear?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get one, you will be happy you did! Check their end links too, Moog makes great ones as well (Moog 8"-11" adjustable pictured with rear Hellwig, Hellwig end links are up front)
those links look nice i saw the option for an extra 85 bucks or so. what springs and panhard bar you running?

·
Registered
259 Posts
those links look nice i saw the option for an extra 85 bucks or so. what springs and panhard bar you running?
Got the 964SP 2"/4" kit from BellTech...such a HUGE difference over stock! Are you thinking about lowering yours?

I springs gave it a great stance without having to get crazy (adj. control arms etc.) overall very pleased. Will use these SP shocks for a while then switch to Bilsteins or QA1, one that is a little firmer.

Spohn Panhard bar, great quality and does the trick on centering the rear axle when lowering.

I did not get the front sway as the OEM is quite burly when compared to the puny rear OEM sway...take a look at the difference on the 2 stock sways!

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts