DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Ram 1500 ST 4.7Land was wondering if anyone has put on a dual exhaust. What kit did you use? or did you just have a shop fab something up? Did it throw a CEL? A bit more sound but mainly more power for towing would be nice. Pros and cons about side or rear exhaust locations. Thanks

·
Registered
16 rebel hemi quad cab
1,289 Posts
I have an mbrp si/do sounds amazing ive had different exhausts on different 4.7 vehicles and this is by far the best sounding if im not mistaken the only feasible way get true dual would be headers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Haven't had my Ram long enough to modify the exhaust, but I've had it on my 05 Dakota QC with the 4.7. I had a shop fab it up using a Flowmaster 3" in and dual 2.5" out, with tailpipes behind the wheels at a 45*...I went back a couple days later and had him put the upstream resonator back on. Sounded terrific at idle and up to about 60, then DRONE! Man...not pleasant inside from about 58-65...wide open sounded sweet though, especially through some tunnels!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got a SI/DO mounted backwards so I don't see why a shop couldn't fab up some duals for you. Look in the exhaust section for pics of my setup. It does drone a little, but nothing you don't get used to, and I do think it's getting better over time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put SS Magnaflow si/do straight out the back with 3" round (rolled) tips. Looks very similar to the newer Ram stock duals. Sounds great, not too loud but deep rumble up to about 65 mph, after that is pretty quiet (at least in the cab).

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Well a magnaflow is a completely different design than the oem muffler, length aside. What do you mean by "hurt anything"? ...it won't "hurt anything" except maybe your ears if it is too loud for you....? Not exactly sure what you mean sorry...

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
No it won't cause any issues. You could remove the muffler and it won't cause problems...

Only way you'd cause issues with the exhaust is if you start messing with the manifolds or the area immediately after the O2 sensors. So if you stick to modifying from catalytic converters and behind you pretty much can't do any harm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts