DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 Ram Owners.

Dodge went all out when it decided to change the name of their trucks in 2011 and make then exclusively RAM thus elminating the Ram head from all other non truck vehicles.

My truck has the Ram heads, the big Ram logo on the sides, and a Ram bezel underneath HVAC controls where auxiliary switches would go such as heated steering wheel.

Well I got in the back of my CC today for the first time since I bought it and between the rear HVAC vents I saw a bezel which to my surprise said "Dodge" I noticed that the 2009, and possibly 2010's still had this Dodge logo in the back, but you would think they would have removed it and replace it with Ram. (Considering that they stopped being called Dodge Rams in 2011) They did it with all the others. Or is my truck some sort of freak?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have the same thing in my 2011 Laramie, in the back and the dash tray.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Same in my '11 Sport, that was built in March, so they still have the Dodge ones leftover.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Top of my dash has "Dodge" and bottom of the dash has "Ram". However, my truck was built on 8/10. Must have been one of the first batch.

The last 3 times I filled (every 200 miles) my mileage was 14.3, 13.6 and 13.4.

My right foot is getting heavier so it must be the "fun factor".

·
Registered
229 Posts
2011 Ram Owners.

Dodge went all out when it decided to change the name of their trucks in 2011 and make then exclusively RAM thus elminating the Ram head from all other non truck vehicles.

My truck has the Ram heads, the big Ram logo on the sides, and a Ram bezel underneath HVAC controls where auxiliary switches would go such as heated steering wheel.

Well I got in the back of my CC today for the first time since I bought it and between the rear HVAC vents I saw a bezel which to my surprise said "Dodge" I noticed that the 2009, and possibly 2010's still had this Dodge logo in the back, but you would think they would have removed it and replace it with Ram. (Considering that they stopped being called Dodge Rams in 2011) They did it with all the others. Or is my truck some sort of freak?
Take a look at the side of a 2011 compared to a 09 or 10. 11's saw RAM 1500 and 09 and 10 say just Ram I believe. Also the rear emblem on tailgate is different between the 11 and then the 09 and 10. My 11 has just a huge ram head and dosnt say dodge on it at all.

·
Premium Member
32,601 Posts
Chrysler announced a couple years back that they would always have at least 1 place where it would read DODGE
In the VIN# is also a Dodge assigned ID, i believe that
first digit is country it was made in ( 1 = USA, 2 = Canada, 3 = Mexico )
second digit is make Dodge or ?
3rd digit is TRUCK or ?

if i remember correctly you will also find a Pentastar, maybe on a label

·
Registered
58 Posts
They probably put the Dodge in the back so that passengers know for sure what kind of truck it is. Good for sales if they like the truck.

·
Registered
880 Posts
yeah my RAM has that lille dodge thing in it too...but it's a 2010. But my rear rams head also says dodge in it.

I don't think that people will ever call it just RAM to me it will always be Dodge Ram.

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
My 2011 Sport build date in my sig has Dodge in the tray and on the back seat panel as well. I refer to it as a Ram to my fellow Ram owners and a Dodge Ram to those poor other guys driving those other trucks that aren't Rams.

·
Registered
917 Posts
My 2011 still have DODGE on the rear HAVC vents. RAM bezel underneath HVAC controls and DODGE on the top tray.

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
My dad and I made a point of finding where it still said dodge, the upper dash, in the rear and on his factory step bars. His 11 QC big horn was built 11/10

E

·
0 Posts
They still had production parts left over so why not? Doesn't make sense to waste money and throw them away just because corporate says things are changing...LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2011 Ram has Dodge on the top dash storage area. I think thats the only place mine says Dodge, it just says Ram 1500 on the side and the Ram head on the front and rear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts