DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I constantly receive a barrage of comments toward my truck on reliability, and still no problems what so ever since ive had it, just got to 100k miles and its been the most reliable vehicle ive ever owned:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,642 Posts
Unfortunately that's the way the media is set up in these times.

You hear about all the BLM crap because everyone has their BS opinion on how it's the cops/whites/jews/automotive companies fault, but when someone/thing does something good or as advertised it goes unnoticed. Why, because it doesn't cause any controversy and nobody is to blame.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
I'd have to agree with Garc :smileup:

I'd also add most issues that I've noticed over the years
can be traced right back to the owner and maintenance or
lack there of...habits :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
There are a lot of people who will do that because they like a different brand of truck so they are just s*** talking. Toyota owners specifically IME like to talk about how their vehicles are so much more reliable than others, but can never substantiate a basis for their claim. "Its reliable because its a Toyota"-simply ridiculous. That may be because Tundras are built in my hometown though, maybe your experience is different.

Usually when people make claims like that they are completely oblivious to things like oil tower leaks, camshaft failures (only takes one to take out the valvetrain), frame rust that was so bad that Toyota commonly replaced frames under warranty, ring gear failures (Toyota); Oil consumption and ignition switch issues (Chevy); Ecoboosts throwing rods, all the timing problems with the 5.4 Triton, or the spark plugs that shoot out of the heads (Ford); The heinous Dana 44 that Nissan used in the original Titan, the fact that Nissan used a Dana 44 in a 1/2 ton truck; etc...

^^This isn't to just talk crap about other brands, it is just to show that all brands have problems. Hell, the early Hemis had valve spring issues, and there have been several (mainly 2011s) Hemis that stuck lifter rollers and took out the cam lobes. I Obviously if you sell more trucks you will have a higher number of complaints even if the reliability percentage is the same.

Maybe they're upset that Ram has more market share than ever before, who knows? I wouldn't worry about it; if someone wants to have an actual discussion about trucks with substantiated claims and no blanket statements then I'm willing to bet I could get them to question their choice in vehicles. In reality they are all pretty good nowadays; obviously I think some are better than others, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

·
Registered
831 Posts
185k miles on my 2010 and besides differential issues, the truck has been rock solid. A few minor issues - water pump was done recently, which is to be expected on any vehicle with high miles imho. Drivers side mirror had a defect right after new (glass turned gold for some reason). Replaced under warranty. Axle seal went out when the water pump did, had trans cooler lines replaced as well as oil pressure sending unit. I don't consider all of this to be outside the norm for my mileage.

This is my fourth Chrysler product, and we also have a Grand Cherokee, and all have been extremely reliable. I do wish the dealer network was a little better but not sure if our dealers are any different from Ford, GM, etc. I would do another Ram in a heartbeat as long as they don't make the new limited/rebel grille standard across the line.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
I constantly receive a barrage of comments toward my truck on reliability, and still no problems what so ever since ive had it, just got to 100k miles and its been the most reliable vehicle ive ever owned.
People tell me these RAMs are all typically junk but in my case, I Just happened to get "a good one".

I've also been told that Jeep Wrangler's are all rust-buckets, even though my 03 TJ is still solid as a rock.

Back in the 90's I had a Plymouth Voyager mini-van. In the ten trouble free years I drove it, multiple people told me what a junker all the Chrysler K-vehicles were.

When I was a kid, my Dad had a 1961 Plymouth Valiant. That sucker ran literally forever!

I guess in every single case I just happened to get "a good one" :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
This is my fourth Chrysler product, and we also have a Grand Cherokee, and all have been extremely reliable. I do wish the dealer network was a little better but not sure if our dealers are any different from Ford, GM, etc. I would do another Ram in a heartbeat as long as they don't make the new limited/rebel grille standard across the line.
Owned Fords and GMs, dealers aren't better then Ram dealers in my experience. You either have a good dealer or a bad one. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
People tell me these RAMs are all typically junk but in my case, I Just happened to get "a good one".

I've also been told that Jeep Wrangler's are all rust-buckets, even though my 03 TJ is still solid as a rock.

Back in the 90's I had a Plymouth Voyager mini-van. In the ten trouble free years I drove it, multiple people told me what a junker all the Chrysler K-vehicles were.

When I was a kid, my Dad had a 1961 Plymouth Valiant. That sucker ran literally forever!

I guess in every single case I just happened to get "a good one" :smiley_thumbs_up:
We had a '92 Plymouth Grand Voyager that was around 275,000 miles on the original engine and transmission when my parents sold it in 2006. Mom just wanted a new vehicle but it was still going strong. I have no doubt it would have made it past 300,000 miles. Dad never liked the '06 odyssey that replaced it as much, he would always talk about how the Plymouth had better clearance for our camping trips.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On RAM #7. Closing in on 800k miles. Have had 2 of them close to 200k before trading. A few low mileage due to total accident on one, and a couple just wanted to upgrade interiors at low miles. Zero engine issues for me. Worst problem I've had was wheel bearings in 2 of them, and cracked manifold in another. That's it, other than minor this and that stuff under warranty.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have an 03RCSB with 145k miles and never a lick of trouble, I've been hearing my transmission was going to fall out for the last 7 years? lol
Threads really suck without pictures guys!
IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts