DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going? Maybe see you there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHYj0RKDHJI

We usually make a 2 or 3 day weekend out of it, but unfortunately I will only be able to go for the championship rounds this year(sunday). The event runs from thursday through sunday, eliminations are friday and saturday.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really? No fans here? Surprising, as many as there are here that are into drag racing...

(or maybe the true fans area already there.....not on the computer) lol

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sorry to far to drive.. used to go when I lived in Atlanta.. if anyone here has not gone to a NHRA National Event you need to go... See everyone down in Bristol this year !!!!

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to lunch today and heard them broadcasting from the track on the radio, made me jealous :( I'm frustrated that I can only go for one day this year. Oh well. It's a busy month for auto's:

Gatornationals, sebring race, 200 race, bike week, mt dora meet, etc...

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it's probably the biggest event of the year. That's why I'm shocked no one on here is going lol. Even my friends aren't going, just me and my father in law. They are going to the sebring race instead. I'm surprised as they are all much more into drag racing... (maybe it's me????)

I like John Force

·
Registered
754 Posts
I like and respect John Force but I root for the Mopar guys everytime... John talking about the engine in his car like it's a FORD makes me want to throw up.. that a 1964 Chrysler 426 HEMI... end of story

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha yeah I try to overlook all the brand stuff in professional motorsports....it's all about sponsors. Most guys run the same engines no matter what plastics are around the car. Heck most cars are 95% identical from the frame down anyway. His daughters great driver as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gonna be there Sunday with my dad and brother. Haven't missed it, except last year, for like the last 7 years! Love the smell of nitro!

·
Registered
754 Posts
10/4 on the sponsors.. I just don't like the fact that to a novice that is one bad a$$ Camery... they are all 500 ciu blocks from two vendors.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gonna be there Sunday with my dad and brother. Haven't missed it, except last year, for like the last 7 years! Love the smell of nitro!
Sweet, maybe we'll see you there! 8000hp is an incredible thing to witness...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts