DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 14 express reg cab with the black express package. I saw the maxtrac lift and wondered if anyone uses this and what their opinions are on ride, fitment, and quality. Also what size tires your running without and rubbing or trimming. Looks like a decent kit. Also how far did it push out the front wheels? CST say 1/2" for the fabbed spindle and 3/4" on the cast. Wondering what these would set them at so I know what kind of spacer I would need.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have the Maxtrac 4.5" spindle lift on my '13. I have a couple threads on here explaining all about it. But in short, I highly recommend it. Very good customer service, parts were of high quality and the ride is damn there just like stock. Im running 35" toyo MTs with no rubbing. The front wheels do get pushed out probably 3/4" to an inch. But I have the pocket flares so it makes it less noticeable. Purchase the kit off Ebay. That was the cheapest I found. Get the 4.5" spindle kit and the 3" rear lift kit. My truck sits perfectly level.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ThT was the kit I was looking at and I was just curious about how far the wheels get pushed out so I could get a hub centric spacer to even them out. Thanks for the info I had never heard of them so I wasn't sure about the quality. Price is great for the lift. What offset wheel are you running with your 35's.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
ThT was the kit I was looking at and I was just curious about how far the wheels get pushed out so I could get a hub centric spacer to even them out. Thanks for the info I had never heard of them so I wasn't sure about the quality. Price is great for the lift. What offset wheel are you running with your 35's.
Thats why I went with it due to the price! My wheels are -12 offset. It really isn't too bad if u don't plan on running fender flares. My thread I did has a lot of pictures with a lot of details that show everything.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have this lift on my 05 and it pushed the stock wheels out about 1.75" with 1.25" hub centric spacers. I have 1.75" spacers on the rear and the tires line up pretty close within a .25". I am running 315/70/17 on stock 17's. As for the kit, I also ordered from ebay as well (shockn4u). I absolutely love it and just like Firemedic10584 said the ride is great just like stock. I also have fender flares so they don't stick out too much. Considering the price difference in the kits available, I would recommend this kit 10 out of 10 times. Good Luck and post pictures after install.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that is it then. I pan on the kit not to decide on the wheels I have a couple fuels I really liked. Then Toyo extreme at2 or mt's probably do the AT's since I don't plan on any crazy off roading just some beach trips and manybe some camping and a few trails.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am running this kit as well, on my 13' crew laramie. 4.5" front spindles and the 3' rear coil springs. Fitment and quality is top notch, ride quality is almost stock. I would definitely recommend it. I have 35x12.5x20 Toyo At2 on it with the stock wheels and I have no rubbing and I didn't need spacers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks and that Laramie looks great. I found the kit with bilstein shocks non adj just normals for a few extra so I figure they should ride good. I actually spent some time with a guy at Ballistic talking about a wheel combo and we came up with running ballistic razorbacks in black for several reasons. One is I liked the price and looks. But we also talked about the track width and I will lost some mileage on the tires from not being able to do a front to rear rotation but I run staggered wheels on my lowered 98 Trans Am for 8 years and I am fine with a little mileage loss from no rotation. We came up with running a setup with +12 offset wheels on the front and -12 on the rear and it will even the track width within a few mm's and according to him it will drive fine just some tire wear from lack of rotation but I don't put more thank 10k a year on my trucks anyway plus the look is more important than having to get new tires a little sooner from wear. He assured me if their was any issue he would swap the +12 set for another set of -12's if there are and drivability issue but running staggered setups on cars for years including width and offsets has never been a issue so I am going to give it a shot. The guy at maxtrac had never heard of it but wants pics soon as I get it all together. Kit isn't a big deal on price or wheels. The 35x12.5'r20's are the pricey part since I want some quality tires and that cost extra.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I actually just ordered my spindle lift as well and was debating a bora 1.5" spacer or buying - 12 offset rims for my rear since I have 1mm offset right now.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A 1.5" spacer would put your rears out further. It may look good with the extra 1/2 out in the rear with the spacer. 1" is 25.4mm's according to google. I had though about using a 0 and -24 to even them out almost perfect but since I didn't have wheels when I talked to the guy at Ballistic we talked about the combo I came up with the +12 and -12 so they wouldn't stick out too far since I wasn't sure what flares I wanted to use. But a -24 rear would get you almost even not sure how noticeable 2mm's would be in reality or how a 1 and -24 would look. Hell I am not even sure how the setup I am planning will look but hey never know till you try. I have gotten lucky with the staggered setups on my cars so why not try it on my truck. Soon as I get the rest of the cash for the wheels&tires I plan to order my kit. I have the cash and a place to put the kit on at. But at $2600 for the rims and tires being the best price I have got yet I am still a little over grand short. Be doing a lot of painting on Saturdays from now on to get the cash up. Plan to sell the stock black 20's with tires to get some cash back since they're never going back on after the lift and seem to be selling pretty good prices right now. After seeing some reg cabs with the 4.5" kit and 35's it everything or nothing. I will either get it done or just trade it off like I did with my 13 crew 4x4 when I got bored with it and the good lifts were a lot more money.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm on the same boat. I'm waiting until I see it to decide if I should add a spacer, change rims or leave it alone. I ran staggered rims and tires on a Mustang a few years back so it doesn't bother me. Unfortunately I had an accident in my truck so until I get it back from repair I can't install anything. As far as the stock rims, I sold my rims and tires for 1000 to someone on Craigslist.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well 1st one to get a staggered set post a pic so the rest of is can be jelous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 08 ram with that set up I'm running 2 inch spacers in the front an 3 in the back to make it even with an aggressive stance I suggest replacing the wheel bearings when you do this just because it's easier to do it when you have it all apart
I have an 08 with this exact setup I run 2 inch spacers in the front an 3 in the back evens it out an gives an aggressive stance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts