DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
updating this thread.......I just installed these lights last night and I think they look great. I hope they hold up. I got a set due to an unfortunate stupid moment on my part. figured I'd spend the extra 40 bucks and just get new lights. I'll post pics this afternoon. looks like I won't be working due to a sick child today so i'm assuming I can get some pics done during nap time!

·
Registered
561 Posts
here are my lights and I'm sure more money is always better but if these do the trick then I'm happy with these. I think they look great. Way nicer than the stock super chrome looking ones!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Those headlights look great! Good looking truck. Are these available for the 14's or is it the same setup? Everything I have seen is either crack em open and paint them or retro fit new ones. I do not want to do either of those and I like these better than the Spyders

·
Registered
561 Posts
yeah that's the thing is I haven't found a stock looking black light besides these ones and they just happened to be a cheaper light. Not sure on the 14's. all I can find is more of the projector type ones. fyi someone is selling a black oem one on ebay for 200 bucks right now. the one that comes on the black edition ram expresses. pretty cheap I think.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Do you have the name of the seller so I can take a look? I'm not positive but I think the headlights haven't changed from 12' to 14'. Does that sound right? They seem to have the same hookup and shape
The seller is xtremelights2003

Here is a link to a listing of theirs. Maybe a quick call to a dodge dealership could clear things up too. I know the light itself looks different but maybe that's just the internal style. The overall shape appears to be the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-RAM-0...Parts_Accessories&hash=item540358fc20&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
561 Posts
I didn't seem to notice any difference but I've been driving in town too. honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they were a bit worse just because the sides are black and less reflective. I used the stock bulbs though. I'll eventually upgrade to a brighter bulb. If they are worse it's not noticeable. I've gotten tons of compliments on them though. They look like a stock light is why I got them. I didn't want to draw any more attention to the front. Just make it look better.

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
And the price is reasonable. I considered trying to do it myself but had a feeling I would have issues trying to bake them open and paint and put back together so I ended up buying this set. :LOL:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts