DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not exactly, i have had mine freeze several times though where you cannot control anything.

I have not had that issue yet. Sometimes when I start the truck no volume comes out other times it works fine. I'm going to take it in for service lets see what they say.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine doesn’t have any sound at start up every so often. When I switch from whatever it’s on (XM for example) to another input (radio) it comes on immediately and stays on from then on. Kinda weird!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think it has to do with ignoring the Agree to terms popup.
My backup camera quit working until I hit the agree button and I also have startup problems with the radio. How many F'kn times do I have to hit the F'kn agree button.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I have to switch mine back and forth from FM to SXM radio a couple times before i hear any volume from the radio. Nice job RAM!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm having the same issues Coramie and Rambunkshuss are having. It is a minor inconvenience I'll have fixed when I take min in for the first oil change next week. Other than this minor issue, the truck has been flawless since purchased in May 2018.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine doesn’t have any sound at start up every so often. When I switch from whatever it’s on (XM for example) to another input (radio) it comes on immediately and stays on from then on. Kinda weird!

That's exactly what mine does...

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Same here...
Mine is going in next week... they told me they`ll try a re-flash and see if it fixes all my issues. Other than the dead radio volume issue, i`m having key fob issues as well. Truck is not recognizing my key fob when i get in to start my truck...truck wont start. Today i got in it to go to work, the AUTO climate decides to go full hot heat mode. I do know that there is a re-flash for that, so that will get updated as well. Also doing the cruise control recall while there. I`ve never owned a brand with so damn many problems.

Not going back to where i bought the truck, too many nightmares, so another dealer closer to me is going to try to help me out. Previous dealer i bought from for 10yrs, couldnt ever fix our vehicles right. All we ever got from their service dept was excuse after excuse. Communication between customer and service dept was just the worst. Not to mention, they get grease all over our interiors... noughs enough, my wife an i are done with them. We`ll see how this goes with this other dealer. If we get the same kind of customer service, my wife an i are getting away from the FCA brand entirely.

Sorry for the rant :(

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
my wife an i are getting away from the FCA brand entirely.

Sorry for the rant :(

LMAO you've been saying you were ditching Ram since I joined here. Probably before :hah: :gy:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
LMAO you've been saying you were ditching Ram since I joined here. Probably before :hah: :gy:
One of my biggest faults my friend, i keep giving people chances after chances after chances. But this time it WILL be the last FCA`s for my wife and i, we`re both retiring, we dont need two vehicles anymore, and we`ll be buying a small gas sipper. I own a couple property`s, selling those, moving out of state as well. Wont be any need for a truck after we retire. But while i buy brand new, i expect more than just having to go to the dealer every fuggin week for some stupid problem that shouldn`t be happening to start with, only to have stupid people thinkin they can fix the problem(s).

Here buddy, i`ll blow you a kiss... love ya :gy: :box::wavey:

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. You'll be back with a 2019 trying to explain why you bought something you called so ugly

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. You'll be back with a 2019 trying to explain why you bought something you called so ugly
LOL.... its like winning the lottery, yah never know until it happens...hehehe.
I love the ram trucks, its the dealers and factory that piss me off.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have never understood why the automakers worry so much about quality and build at the factory but let the dealers kill their efforts with poor quality service and technicians. After all, poor service is where the customer truly meets the automakers on a daily basis and is where they get the blackest eye. You'd think they would invest more time, effort and money into the service centers to implement a "fix it right the first time" program. Angry and inconvenienced customers are never good but repeat angry and inconvenienced customers are lost future sales. I've been in your shoes and by the third or forth time back to the dealer with a problem - and leaving a vehicle with them for a week at a time - only serves to reinforce my position that I'll never purchase that brand again.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I have never understood why the automakers worry so much about quality and build at the factory but let the dealers kill their efforts with poor quality service and technicians. After all, poor service is where the customer truly meets the automakers on a daily basis and is where they get the blackest eye. You'd think they would invest more time, effort and money into the service centers to implement a "fix it right the first time" program. Angry and inconvenienced customers are never good but repeat angry and inconvenienced customers are lost future sales. I've been in your shoes and by the third or forth time back to the dealer with a problem - and leaving a vehicle with them for a week at a time - only serves to reinforce my position that I'll never purchase that brand again.
THANK YOUUUU....!!!!!!!! :smileup::smileup::smileup::smileup::smileup:
Somebody that GETS IT....THANK YOU NORTHERNLIGHTS1!

Well, one of my many thoughts are,
how can you "EFFECTIVELY" manage something if you dont know a damn thing about it.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
At least in Michigan the car company is not allowed to own the dealers. The rules are very strict about how much they can be involved. This is why I worry a lot more about what dealer I choose for service then squeezing every penny at purchase. I could have saved a couple hundred on costs to buy from a dealer I would never trust to look at my truck. Wasn't worth it.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The selling dealer doesn't have to be the servicing dealer.

The franchising scheme that manufacturers use has its pluses and minuses for the dealers and manufacturer, but I think its only a matter of time until vehicle sales transition to a means of online ordering. There will be brand specific service departments with a small boutique with just enough vehicles to test drive and get a good idea how features work, but you'll order online and your vehicle will be delivered to your home. DMVs will adapt to accommodate registration under this business model and sales overhead will be almost dome away with. Dealerships will primarily become service centers, and since they will rely on service over sales to make money I think providing quality service will be a do or die mission for them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine too, the dealership has been putting new units in to fix the problem until mine August 25, Now Chrysler won’t ok replacement till they review my case. They started a star ticket on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts