DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 1500 5.7 Daytona 4x4. I have done a bunch of mods to it over the past few years of ownership and now it's coming down to replacing the OEM Borla catback due to rust/rot/age. I already have BBK shorty headers and at the same time I installed a Magnaflow Y pipe with their high flow cats. At the time of purchase I could have sworn there was no identification on their website of 2WD or 4WD. Lo and behold in the middle of the job we noticed the Y pipe was not even close to fitting so me and my friend cut a few spots and rewelded to get the fitment right. It worked for years but I just recently got a P0430 code. Replaced the bank 2 O2 Sensor 2 (post cat). Code came back after a day (and inspection is due of course). At this point I'm thinking the cat itself may have failed and have wanted to go catless for a while anyway. I have looked all over and cannot find anyone who sells a premade Y pipe for these trucks. Does anyone have any leads on that?

P.S. I'm sure I can have my exhaust guy gut the cats or weld in pipes in place of them but the fact that my Y pipe has already been chopped up and isn't exactly right bothers me a bit. I also plan on having the truck dyno tuned by True Street Performance in NY in order to still pass emmisions without messing with the O2 sensor spacers. He has done great by me in the past. Thinking of installing a standard 14" Magnaflow put in to replace the stock Borla. Should sound pretty good.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts