DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm like everyone else just looking to do some modifications to my truck. My salesman told me that removing them would not be a good idea. I have heard clips on Youtube. I was told that I would be able to hear the MDS coming in and out and it would sound bad. I really have no idea, but I know someone here does.:smileup:

I appreciate any and all comments on this topic.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I don't regret removing them but yes IMHO the exhaust sound of MDS turning on/off with an aftermarket exhaust and no resonators was kind of...well different. Not bad just different. I turned MDS off anyway with my programmer as I'm now running a custom tune.

I did run it resonatorless for about a year before getting my custom tune and I got used to it. I'd say that if you are worried about it and really want a new exhaust I would just cut and replace your muffler.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I don't consider it a drone but u can tell when the mds does kick on and off. I don't regret my resonator delete at all

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought about removing mine, but after deleting the muffler, that is plenty loud for me. I wouldn't be able to tolerate anything louder.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I had a 6.0 in a 2500HD that I had straight exhaust out of the converters. I really liked it at the time. I paid alot of exhaust tickets.I did notice once I got off the interstate after an hour my ears would be ringing. I have a wife and daughter now I dont want to subject them to anything like that. But there was a time.... when I flat out loved it

·
Registered
626 Posts
Any one notice it get louder wo resos?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Any one notice it get louder wo resos?
Yes, not WAY louder but you can tell a difference. I'm still running stock exhaust though and wanted to be cheap about getting a little louder sound.

I don't notice any noise going into MDS without my reso's, but my truck had sort of a metallicy rasp to it when I would drive it hard. When I cut them off it lost that sound, not sure if the Sport or R/T exhaust is different than normal trucks so that may not be the case on SLT's and stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is MDS ? Just ****ry boy here so go easy where I can understand it. thanks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Zevox I think I may try this.

Snuffy mds is when you truck switches between 4and 8 cylinders.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok learned something here. So with it doing all of this how come I am not getting really get mileage? Of course it has less than 4,000 miles on it. I am getting around 14.5 to 17.2. Thanks for the help didn't know it went from 4 to 8 or 8 to 4 which ever came first lol.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I did it with and with out and if you have an after market muffler it does not get that much louder but when the mds kicks in you can tell. I put mine back on and you can ask moparornocar its pretty damn loud.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts