DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting a flat repaired at Big O the other day and was looking at the KO2's. The sales guy said he would recommend the Grabbers over the KO2's because they cost less and would have a longer tread life.
Just curious what you guy's that are running them think.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
They did a pretty good job of stealing the KO2 pattern.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't know about lasting longer that KO2's, but the Generals are definetely cheaper. You won't go wrong either way, KO2's are great tires overall and they'll last a long time, of course because of their BFG name, they're more expensive than other tires, but just because the General are cheaper doesn't mean the Generals are bad tires at all.

I've never used Generals, but their MT tire is pretty stout,i had a Jeep JKU before the RAM, and used to wheel the black diamond trails here in Socal, i can vouch for the KO2's in the rocks, as well as the General MT version (X3's), i put 50k miles on the KO2's doing this type of trails every other weekend, and they had still 9/32 left, only thing i didn't try was mud, as i really hate that crap, but those K02 tires are great at everythng you can throw at them (i was running the E rated ones)

20170513_120625 by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

20170513_142031 by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

No issues running them in slushed covered road in the Rocky mountains or anywhere for that matter
20151224_165414 by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

20151224_170253 by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

·
Registered
103 Posts
The AT-X is a fairly new tire. Very similar tread pattern to the AT2. I've owned both the BFG K02 and the General AT2. Both are great tires. I've found that the AT2 is a little better in snow. I think you'll be happy either way. Just that you wallet will be a little happier with the Generals....

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
i cant speak for the generals never had them but had goodrichs on my blazers and chevy pickup, Thunderhorse has them on his ram and they been great for him i whould ask him, he whould know better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts