DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,223 Posts
I'm trying to buy me a black R/T but nobody around my area has any.I live in Shreveport Louisiana. Any help would be appreciated.
You might want to try all of the websites like cars.com and autotrader.com.

To tell you the truth I haven't even seen an R/T in Louisiana yet. I haven't even seen one in person.

· Banned
972 Posts
R/T are few and far between depending on your area. Some areas have few and some are filled with them. Are you looking to buy new or used?

· Registered
518 Posts

· Registered
13,692 Posts
Just a suggestion you may want to look into a ram express as well, they are pretty close to the RT and way cheaper, just doesn't have the badging and some of the bells and whistles in the cab. Only performance differences are the torque converter(stock RT one isn't much better anyway) and the RT has 4.10 gearing, but you can get 3.92 in the express. My friend has a 2011 RT and my brother has a 2011 Express with 3.55 and the RT is hardly faster.

· Registered
518 Posts
Keep dreaming ram rt beats express hands down

Not just in looks and speed also interior. Road and track express 14.8 sec 1/4 and the great ram rt road and track stock at ocean level 13.9 sec 1/4 sec with a few mods iam low 13 sec all ready.
Thats the facts, ram express poor mans want to be ram rt. To get the express to look and be like a ram rt will cost more money just buy the ram rt. The ram rt is really held back. Do the mods ive done you will be singing a differant song.

Reactions: chithead

· Registered
13,692 Posts
^ well alot is open to opinion. I just wanted him to be aware that the express is out there, that's all. Not saying it is the exact same as the RT, but if he is looking for performance it is basically the same, if you swap gears and torque converter it would be the same(I bet faster actually due to it having smaller/lighter wheels, but that's basically negligible). I mentioned the RT has the bells and whistles inside, but not everyone cares about that. I'd rather have the bench seat than the console, and I really don't like leather and prefer cloth...just opinions. I personally like my brothers express better than my friends RT. I like the 20" express wheels better than the 22" RT wheels, and also I don't care much for the RT hood. I'm also not concerned with gadgets in the interior. My brother's express is a sleeper. An RT costs over 30k, you can get the express for 20k or less, and I'm sure you can swap gears and torque converter for less than $10k :).

It's all about opinion, if he solely wants performance I'd get the express, if he wants the cool factor of the RT and the badging, and having the "real deal", and the luxury aspect then he wants the RT.

· Registered
13,692 Posts
And I believe that 14.8 express 1/4 time is with 3.55, 3.92 is an option on the express for I think $50 when you order it, I helped my brother when he was getting his. I think the 3.92 was $50, and anti spin diff was $150. I'd expect the 3.92 express to be a few tenths quicker possibly.

I'm not trying to steer him away from the RT, they are great, just depends on his opinions, why spend all the extra money for certain things if he doesn't care about them.... The only thing that I really don't like about the RT is you have to get the console, that would really bug me as sometimes I'd want to have 3 people in the truck.

· Banned
10,274 Posts
Ya same here when i saw mine on the lot there was like 9 people looking at it i walked over to the dealer and said thats mine this 10k cash says so lol.
That's funny, I test drove a black one not long after they came out, and wanted the Bright White. Searched dealer after dealer for months until I saw one "In Transit" - drove two hours and signed the papers on a Saturday, truck was still on the train from New Orleans to Atlanta. She arrived the following Tuesday, picked her up that Wednesday morning.

I like that snrusnak is offering a viable option... but I have to say an R/T is an R/T - there is no replacement for it. I don't know if I would use the word "prestige" to describe it (that just sounds snooty), but there is definitely a strong sense of pride when you have one. Plus you get to explain to everyone that says, "I didn't know Dodge made an R/T truck..."

· Registered
13,692 Posts
I like that snrusnak is offering a viable option... but I have to say an R/T is an R/T - there is no replacement for it. I don't know if I would use the word "prestige" to describe it (that just sounds snooty), but there is definitely a strong sense of pride when you have one. Plus you get to explain to everyone that says, "I didn't know Dodge made an R/T truck..."
That's all I was getting at. If you want the cool factor of having a real RT then by all means get it. I just meant that if he just wanted a fast truck there is another option...

· Banned
10,274 Posts
Yup yup - I won't lie, if I had it to do all over again... well yeah I'd probably still get an R/T. But the Ram Express is a really cool alternative!!!

Plus you won't be considered a "poser" - that is unless you go putting R/T badges all over it.

· Registered
13,692 Posts
The RT badge does look pretty sweet :) I especially like your truck (I really like the white). I wanted a black truck and since I bought used I ended up with a white one and was upset, but after a few months I am really happy with it, and like it better now.

To the original poster....there is a site that allows you to search multiple cities at once like craigslist but multiple cities. It is www.crazedlist.org I believe. You can only use it with certain web browsers, and it will ask you to do some weird thing to enable it to work, it is safe though I've used it for years. It may help you find one somewhat close to you, even if not in your city.

· Registered
7,784 Posts
Ya same here when i saw mine on the lot there was like 9 people looking at it i walked over to the dealer and said thats mine this 10k cash says so lol.
lol thats too funny but a good way to get it when they are scaris

· Registered
10 Posts
black R/T

There is a black 2011 R/T at Baxter Dodge in Omaha, Ne. It doesn't take much to get your closest dealer to aquire it. It was there last Friday when I had my oil changed. Good luck. They also have a blue one, if that is any interest to anyone.

· Registered
13,692 Posts
There is a black 2011 R/T at Baxter Dodge in Omaha, Ne. It doesn't take much to get your closest dealer to aquire it. It was there last Friday when I had my oil changed. Good luck. They also have a blue one, if that is any interest to anyone.
Good point, you can just ask your dealer and they can ship one in. My brother did this when he bought his 09 ram, he wanted a specific color scheme, etc....and they sent one from texas or something to him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.