DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2016 1500 and if you've changed the oil you know the filter throws oil all over the drivetrain components. I may purchase a Form A Funnel and see it that will catch and direct the oil away from the components.

The material is made a malleable rubber, it seems to me that it can be laid over the components under the filter and when the filter comes off the oil will be directed down and over the covered areas. May have to use a wider open oil recovery pan to catch the oil waterfall.

Comes is a number of sizes. You can buy it through Amazon too.

https://formafunnel.com/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Found your post in the suggested section. I changed my oil this weekend and was reminded of the filter location and mess. Did you ever order one of these?
I've been on the fence of doing something or even relocating the filter as well. I'm a little nervous about relocating due to many factors such as. Now having two extra rubber hoses supplying the life blood to your motor and are diameter of these hoses big enough etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw a tip on one of the boards. It was to use a ziplock bag. Pull it over the filter as you loosen it. Keep turning until it falls into the bag... Haven't done it yet, seemed like a great idea though

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what year is your vehicle as I remember the offset did not fit my 2016 I think

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw a tip on one of the boards. It was to use a ziplock bag.
I tried that but the oil was so hot I couldn't hang on to it without burning my hand. Wasn't ready for that, I like to drain the oil when the engine is warm.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Looks like a motorcycle tube would do the trick. I have used a quart sized Zip Top bag. If you loosen it with your wrench, then slip the bag over it and put you mechanix wear type glove on you should be good. My 02 4.7 Durango has been a PIA since day one. It drains all over the frame, then drips into channels and "leaks" onto driveway for days. If they are using a -8 or so line its probably plenty big enough. That would be 1/2" line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts