DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys it's time for me to change the trans.fluid and filters in my 2012 ram hemi and wanted to know if any of you have used the lube locker trans.gasket instead of the factory rtv silicone on the pan.Ive changed the fluid before and used the silicone but found this gasket on the summit website.It looks a lot like the reusable they use on gm's and fords.The guys who have bought it and reviewed it say it works fantastic with no leaks.Just wondering if any of you have tried it and how it worked.It was only 26 bucks so not expensive but I don't want any leaks.Let me know opinions please.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Never had a leak with RTV. Just let it set up enough and clean mating surfaces well.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Either should be fine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys it's time for me to change the trans.fluid and filters in my 2012 ram hemi and wanted to know if any of you have used the lube locker trans.gasket instead of the factory rtv silicone on the pan.Ive changed the fluid before and used the silicone but found this gasket on the summit website.It looks a lot like the reusable they use on gm's and fords.The guys who have bought it and reviewed it say it works fantastic with no leaks.Just wondering if any of you have tried it and how it worked.It was only 26 bucks so not expensive but I don't want any leaks.Let me know opinions please.
I emailed LubeLocker about this gasket..they told me LLT-CRFE will work on my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 65rfe. If you order from their website, type in "tech" in the coupon code box and get 10% off.

will order mine from Summit as it is only about 40 miles from me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts