DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many members here with lifted 2010-2012 Ram 2500's. If you do, could you post a pic and tell me what kinda lift you have and give a review on it? Just trying to do some research.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Im not yet, but as soon as I can syphon away the money Ill get the KORE front leveling kit which should help balance out the rear with airbags

·
Registered
128 Posts
2011 Dodge Ram 2500HD mega cab, TGC 3.5" with 35x12.50 0n 20" Rockstars. The 3.5" lift on a 2500 is still taller than a 1500 with a 6" lift by nearly 2 inches. It rides better than stock. I couldn't imagine doing a 6" lift on a 2500, getting in and out with 3.5 is a job :smileup:

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/Gen2ProdDisplay.php?iview=253339429

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice MegaCab!! What's the backspacing on those Rockstars?

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, sorry about that. Nice truck though!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
wow

2011 Dodge Ram 2500HD mega cab, TGC 3.5" with 35x12.50 0n 20" Rockstars. The 3.5" lift on a 2500 is still taller than a 1500 with a 6" lift by nearly 2 inches. It rides better than stock. I couldn't imagine doing a 6" lift on a 2500, getting in and out with 3.5 is a job :smileup:

that truck looks amazing. any thoughts of putting fender flares on it? i think that would make it perfect, but either way great looking truck.:smileup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
that truck looks amazing. any thoughts of putting fender flares on it? i think that would make it perfect, but either way great looking truck.:smileup:
I been looking into the bushwhacker pocket flares or I might go with the more traditional ones that look factory, right now I'm enjoying the no flare look LOL.

·
Registered
97 Posts

Love the truck, Im going to put a medium lift on mine as well. Did Dodge make any changes to the suspensions from 2011 to 2012? Reason Im asking is that the lift kit is for a 2011 and I have a 2012. I think it will work on my 2012. Hope so anyways. Do you have any RUB?

·
Registered
82 Posts

2" mopar level up front, add a leaf in the rear, bilsteins all around. 18" moto metals with 34" terra grapplers. I really want to go with a TGC 3.5" but just cant justify spending the money on an additional inch right now. However I will tell you my truck still handles and rides just as well as stock, but its still not the smoothest ride, which is why I'd love to get those progressive rate coils.

If I could do it all over, I would go 3.5" tgc with the mini leaf rear. however I had to go add a leaf because I haul some heavy loads with my truck

·
Registered
82 Posts
TheDon, how long have you had that lift on? my other concern was how well those coils hold up over time, I know most lifts will tend to sag over time, so Id really love to know how TGCs holds up

·
Registered
128 Posts
mdram43 and CountryD-
The TGC 3.5" lift is a good lift kit, not too high and definitely not too low. A lady in the parking lot at my local grocery store made a comment today "Wow what a tall truck" LOL. As far as the coils, they are actually made by pure performance and sold to TGC, they make the best coil springs on the market, the ride is way better than stock. Believe me you can justify going the extra inch for not only height, but ride quality as well, spacers are compressors and ride on a harsher part of the spring, whereas the taller coil is more relaxed in its stroke. Also remember with this kit, they provide longer control arms so your axle is centered properly and a drop pitman arm,track bar relocation bracket and bilsteins are included as well. Control arms are important because when you do spacers they pull the wheel back towards the rear of the front fender well and are off center. The kit should fit 2012 models, I'm pretty sure the 2011's and 2012's are alike.

Also, they give you a 1.5" rear block and I ended up ordering a 2.5" because the front was higher than the rear. And lastly I have hit every bump at different angles and speeds with no wobble, I'm still running the stock dampner..the dual bilsteins should be here in a couple of days, but I think its not necessary to be honest, it rides perfect. I'm very happy with the kit...truck has a perfect stance, not too high and its in proportion.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here it is with the 2.5" in the rear, it sits level. I think the TGC 3.5" is more like 3.75'' in the front, maybe the coil will settle slightly but I put 600 miles on it and so far nothing has settled...even towed a 8K trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
mdram43 and CountryD-
The TGC 3.5" lift is a good lift kit, not too high and definitely not too low. A lady in the parking lot at my local grocery store made a comment today "Wow what a tall truck" LOL. As far as the coils, they are actually made by pure performance and sold to TGC, they make the best coil springs on the market, the ride is way better than stock. Believe me you can justify going the extra inch for not only height, but ride quality as well, spacers are compressors and ride on a harsher part of the spring, whereas the taller coil is more relaxed in its stroke. Also remember with this kit, they provide longer control arms so your axle is centered properly and a drop pitman arm,track bar relocation bracket and bilsteins are included as well. Control arms are important because when you do spacers they pull the wheel back towards the rear of the front fender well and are off center. The kit should fit 2012 models, I'm pretty sure the 2011's and 2012's are alike.

Also, they give you a 1.5" rear block and I ended up ordering a 2.5" because the front was higher than the rear. And lastly I have hit every bump at different angles and speeds with no wobble, I'm still running the stock dampner..the dual bilsteins should be here in a couple of days, but I think its not necessary to be honest, it rides perfect. I'm very happy with the kit...truck has a perfect stance, not too high and its in proportion.
I appreciate the info and review. Thats good to know about the rear block, I hate to see a lifted truck that "Sags" in the rear. It doesnt look rite. Im still trying to decide between the TGC 3.5 and the Pure Perfomance 4.0 lift. Im curious to see if the bilsteins will make a dramatic improvement over the stock dampner. When you get them installed and do a trial run, please post again and let us know how they feel compared to stock. Once again, thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
R/C lift

I went with a Rough Country 5" lift (actual lift was about 4.5" front with new coils and 4" rear with block). I ordered it from TGC so I could get it with Bilstiens, and I ordered the Bilstien stabilizer. Stock wheels with Toyo MT 35". Very slight rub on passenger side at full right turn, corrected with 1/4" spacers, because I wanted 0 rub. Any after market wheels would have less offset than stock and would have cleared easily. Search my posts and you can see a detailed post of the install. I'm deciding on which fender flares to get now.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice truck!
Does anyone have a Tuff Country lift? Since it uses spacers and the OEM coilsprings you would think the ride would be close to stock. You have to be concerned about the quality of the coilsprings used in any lift because you don't want sagging coils or one that is so stiff it ruins your ride quality.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
You guys' 2500's looks awesome!! everyday that goes by is a day closer until I can get a 2500 which will be my next truck

·
Registered
128 Posts
I went with a Rough Country 5" lift (actual lift was about 4.5" front with new coils and 4" rear with block). I ordered it from TGC so I could get it with Bilstiens, and I ordered the Bilstien stabilizer. Stock wheels with Toyo MT 35". Very slight rub on passenger side at full right turn, corrected with 1/4" spacers, because I wanted 0 rub. Any after market wheels would have less offset than stock and would have cleared easily. Search my posts and you can see a detailed post of the install. I'm deciding on which fender flares to get now.

Nice rig!!, 5'' it must be really tall, you can easily fit 37's. Pictures don't really grasp the height of these trucks. I was looking at the RC lift from TGC. What I like about TGC is that you can order various kits with bilsteins, I think bilsteins make or break the ride.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Raynval, how is the ride and overall quality of your Rough Country?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts